LIQUI MOLY MOS2 M156 ENGINE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've a few of this guys videos. He should be arrested and sent to the Hague for the atrocities he's committed to lawnmower engines.

Lol , yes indeed .

I travelled today a town away to a trusted mechanic , ex engineer who I've been trying to book with for 4 months for the remedial work as my 2003 VAG had failed the MOT .

It hasn't been driven and yet it performed the short journey with a 57 mpg return , yet 'they' want to abolish such efficient machinery .

I've a few of this guys videos. He should be arrested and sent to the Hague for the atrocities he's committed to lawnmower engines.
His videos are interesting but his shouting gets me down.

Most of the comments on this thread are posts from the very opinionated yet inexperienced when it comes to the product. I've posted a thread on here that covers the best additives for Classic vehicles, including my experience with MOS2 oil.

In short, it's the best engine oil money can buy for an older motor - an indirect injection diesel as an example. Smoother low speed acceleration, measured increase of 1-1.5 mpg fuel economy, quieter idle are the measurable benefits. I'm sure metal wear is reduced as well but have no data to back that one up.

All this said, for modern vehicles, stick to the factory recommended synthetic lubricants.

Most of the comments on this thread are posts from the very opinionated yet inexperienced when it comes to the product. I've posted a thread on here that covers the best additives for Classic vehicles, including my experience with MOS2 oil.

In short, it's the best engine oil money can buy for an older motor - an indirect injection diesel as an example. Smoother low speed acceleration, measured increase of 1-1.5 mpg fuel economy, quieter idle are the measurable benefits. I'm sure metal wear is reduced as well but have no data to back that one up.

All this said, for modern vehicles, stick to the factory recommended synthetic lubricants.

What Mercedes oil specs does that 10W40 carry ?

I don’t doubt the Mercedes-source bloke but why not just use a modern oil if you want better oil performance?

I usually use 229.3/5 syn 5w40 in my 190E (admittedly because I’m cheap! bulk buy and use for 3 cars)

I agree , a mechanical engineer tested the oil film strength of 250+ oils and the snake oil only came 207th and that would be the synthetic 5W40 as apposed to the lesser 10W40 semi synthetic .

Screenshot_20210626-123222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210626-071044_Chrome.jpg

I don’t doubt the Mercedes-source bloke but why not just use a modern oil if you want better oil performance?

I usually use 229.3/5 syn 5w40 in my 190E (admittedly because I’m cheap! bulk buy and use for 3 cars)

There was an issue with the seals on some older engines not being compatible with synthetic oils, though I don't know if the V8 engines that the Mercedes Source are talking about are actually affected by this.

This is a very old thing as the earliest synthetic blends got past seals and was quickly reformulated , these things get passed down the line and now in it's present form of internet folklore .

There are quite a few threads on MB World about additives for this engine. As I understand it, they believe that this motor needs additives to protect cams and tappets from premature wear. I think zinc was mentioned.

I can’t say I have looked into it, but the argument is that this engine would benefit more than something like an M113.

That's a shame - that you have no data. I have for the additive in the oils I use. See link below and scroll to bottom of page for a documented 24.2% reduction in wear during back to back 480 hour tests.

See what your manual for your m156 states re using any additive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom