Liquid magnet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

we have been done in Weymouth for a week and visited Wells market, stand for a product called liquid magnet, very impressed how much water this product will absorb, demo included drying out a soaking wet carpet.

Used to clean car today and left car dry and streak free.

3 for £10 for 700 x500 cloths

Visit website [email protected] for demo and contact details

Not an employee, just customer

You are correct, I posted address given on packaging.

Address to order is M Waddilove, 30 Monkton Crescent , Poole Dorset BH12 4BX

Flyer states
Carpets fold damp cloth and place over spill and pat
Boats cars wash then wring cloth throughly and pull wipe in one direction to achieve streak free shine
Fridges and freezers place in bottom of the unit and wring out when saturated
Pets use like towel for drying pet
Woollens shape item place on liquid magnet roll item and cloth together gently squeeze to remove moisture
Hanging baskets makes great water retaining lining

Washing instructions hand or machine wash up to 95 degrees no fabric conditioner or tumble dry.

Tried it today on car and well pleased, one swipe and all water removed no streaks

I've got to admit I'd be somewhat cynical about any unknown product sold on a market but if it is exceeding your expectations, what's not to like? Usually it is the "theatre" of the pitch that opens the customers' wallets. The technique is similar whether it be non-stick pans, miracle carpet shampoo, indestructible pens or wax sticks with amazing anti-condensation properties. The hugely impressive presentation is somewhat protracted but if done well enough will leave the "marks" desperate to hand over their money. Who doesn't remember seeing a red Mini bonnet being set on fire with lighter fluid after being protected with Mer?

For drying cloths, just look at the massive marketing push behind JML's Shamwow or The Absorber. To an informed detailer both these products fail because of their relatively smooth surfaces. Cloths with a decent depth of pile allow particles of trapped grit to migrate deep into the cloth where they are less likely to cause scratching while the cloth is being dragged over the paintwork. I've found the old adage "Buy cheap, buy twice" generally holds true. If it all ends in tears I have to wonder how sympathetic the market trader will be in rectifying the damage caused by his high margin product. For me, this £4.39 jobbie would be the way to go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030B9U6Q/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It did well in the AutoExpress shootout:

Best microfibre cloths and car drying towels 2018

I understand your concerns Toobad and I agree with what you say, yes I never set my mini bonnet on fire either, failed to see the relevance of that demo.

I am not obsessed with the finish of my car, it is 16 years old, the paint is good but not showroom and never will be. However the cloth does work it can absorb an amazing amount of water, if I think it is likely to scratch paintwork I will use it elsewhere.

Maybe not upto scratch :rolleyes: for the detailers that visit this part of the forum but it works for me.

I've got to admit I'd be somewhat cynical about any unknown product sold on a market but if it is exceeding your expectations, what's not to like? Usually it is the "theatre" of the pitch that opens the customers' wallets. The technique is similar whether it be non-stick pans, miracle carpet shampoo, indestructible pens or wax sticks with amazing anti-condensation properties. The hugely impressive presentation is somewhat protracted but if done well enough will leave the "marks" desperate to hand over their money. Who doesn't remember seeing a red Mini bonnet being set on fire with lighter fluid after being protected with Mer?

For drying cloths, just look at the massive marketing push behind JML's Shamwow or The Absorber. To an informed detailer both these products fail because of their relatively smooth surfaces. Cloths with a decent depth of pile allow particles of trapped grit to migrate deep into the cloth where they are less likely to cause scratching while the cloth is being dragged over the paintwork. I've found the old adage "Buy cheap, buy twice" generally holds true. If it all ends in tears I have to wonder how sympathetic the market trader will be in rectifying the damage caused by his high margin product. For me, this £4.39 jobbie would be the way to go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030B9U6Q/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It did well in the AutoExpress shootout:

Best microfibre cloths and car drying towels 2018

I ordered one of these the other to try it out and it done well, it's very soft and held quite a suprising amount of water.

I also have a meguiars waffle drying and a Kent waffle drying towel i find the quickest way to dry is a quick pass with one and then another to buff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom