Little accident ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The test driver reportedly lost control on a narrow country road and hit a pole side-on before breaking through a fence

Throw chassis away and keep engine by the sounds of it. Ouch

The claim is being made on the test driver's policy, not the owner of the car's.

Imagine entering £300,000 in to the Go Compare website for previous claims. it would surely block your IP for life! ;)

Dammit !

I searched before posting as well !! :doh:

No doubt if it's gone back to Pagani for repair they will put it back to as good as, if not better than before the accident condition...

Evo run a long termer and IIRC it got a pretty thorough overhaul when it went to the factory for a service - Mr Pagani is known for attention to detail...

Supercars are never the same after they've been seriously bent.

That's what I keep telling my friend who is repairing a Cat D F355 Spider...

I guess it just depends on the extent of the damage and what they replace, or repair. I think, but maybe wrong, Zondas are built around a carbon tub, so if that's ok it would be panels, suspension and various ancilliaries etc which need replacing. Still I would have loved to see the owners' expression when the muppet on the test drive restyled his car :rolleyes:

If the passenger cell and engine are ok, then it might just be a case of new sub structures to the rear/front with the various add ons replaced. It will probably be better for it after being rebuilt with updated/upgraded componentry. It not like its going to have a bent chassis and need straightening out on a jig with a hammer and plenty of welding!

And lead filler ! :D

Evo's "long termer" is Lord Metcalfe's pride and joy, the service you're thinking of was probably when he also got a few Zonda F bits added. But yes, Horacio is legendary for customer care and I'd imagine the claims handler at Aviva is having a whale of a time.

Evo's "long termer" is Lord Metcalfe's pride and joy, the service you're thinking of was probably when he also got a few Zonda F bits added. But yes, Horacio is legendary for customer care and I'd imagine the claims handler at Aviva is having a whale of a time.

Just to be pedantic, I say Evo's long termer as Mr Metcalfe is Evo, having founded it. Harry Metcalfe is a lucky fellow- the latest Evo showing his private garage is the stuff of lottery dreams.

Absolutely, loved his garage - love that he's so proud of his towbar-less RR :D

Some random stuff in there aswell - the Porsche 924 he uses for grass racing on his land, and a Honda Insight!?! Old school Rangie looks cool with that well-worn old money look. What's the Euromillions jackpot on Friday....:rolleyes:

Note to self - stop pinning hope on lottery win and work harder to achieve more...

Ok , i'll own up , it was me ....

I am Spartacus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom