little button???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paultredgett

Car
Merc e320 w210 cdi estate.
Hi,
(w210 e320 cdi estate)

I have a little button inside my ashtray with three wavy lines that lights up red when I press it, I thought it was something to do with a quick heat up in cold weather but it does not seem to make much difference, anyone know what it does exactly?
Cheers

The W210 controls in the ashtray are for the Auxiliary Heater you are correct

Hi Savman,
Does the auxiliary heater heat the windscreen or all the cab/car, I don't really notice much of a difference, how does it work,how quickly should it work, is it on when the red light is on? Are there any problems related to them at all? How do I test it out?

Thanks,
Paul.

It's an electric heater that heats the coolant water from memory. Red light = cut off.

It has to be pretty cold to work I believe.

They do heat the interior however it will circulate or ventilate cold air first while the heater heats the coolant so it is hard to gauge any real difference unless you hit very cold temperatures. It is on when the light is red and it takes almost the same time as the engine takes on most days in the UK :wallbash:
There was also a diesel version that run separate from the engine which could be set to start at a particular time i.e. before you get in your car to head off for work.

Check under the bonnet if you have 2 expansion tanks next to each other as I dont think the timer version had the 2 tanks but I could be mistaken.

Yes mine has two expansion tanks to the left looking at the windscreen.

So I assume then it is not a diesel auxiliary heater, i.e. it does not work from being powered from diesel?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom