Little car symbol with arrow pointing up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
Hi all not had this S320 car long but it has put up this symbol and underneath the word inoperative,I suspect the symbol has to do with the air suspension ,weird the car has not dropped either end from what I can see,what is the best and least costly way to tackle this,I will need to put the car in for a A service soon any suggestions of a garage in Essex :doh:

Sounds as if you have an airmatic problem. This can prove expensive if the pump has failed. It's imperative you take the car to a garage properly equiped to deal with the problem and have worked on such systems before. It's an area where its all too easy for the uninitiated to throw large of amounts of money around without getting to the root cause of the problem.
GOOD LUCK
S Class Air Matic Pump Replacement Guide - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Last edited:
Thanks for that I think,I will contact a couple of merc repair garages and get the car along to one of them on Monday,if their verdict is pump gone is it a good idea to buy a s/h one .:(

Thanks for that I think,I will contact a couple of merc repair garages and get the car along to one of them on Monday,if their verdict is pump gone is it a good idea to buy a s/h one .:(
I would suggest no to that approach unless its provenance/age/use is certain and there are very few second hand parts you can say that about. :dk: As usual many factors to take into account-- are you strapped for cash? can you defray costs by a bit of DIY? - but you would still need to code/set up the unit using the Star diagnostic system I think? How long do you intend to keep the car for? etc etc Chose your garage carefully and be advised by them.

Ok I will take your advice,I will see what the garage says,I hope it is just a relay,this next week could get a bit expensive:wallbash:

Don't know if it's the same symbol we had last year on girlfriends 6 mths old Kia Sorrento but sounds the same it was the pedestrian collision system that pops the bonnet up on airbags in the event of a collision not sure if your Mercedes has this ?

Phil

Hi Phil,I think it is to do with the air compressor,I will post after I get to a garage with it,the car only has 67000 on it,I hope it is not the compressor,still we will see,I suppose it could be a fuse or a relay,I will have a look myself on Sunday,who knows i might spot something:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom