Little daily driver with super fuel efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Please tell us how you get on with your Toyota Prius/Auris Hybrid, Charles.

My worry, if I have one about a secondhand one (and there are now a number) is battery life. I'm quite tempted I have to say, I think I can rule out the first Prius, a Honda Insight looks rather fun but a second generation Prius is probably the most sensible.

Any insight (ho ho) from the hybrid cognoscenti?

Do you really want/need another classic car requiring TLC and maintenance that classic car so often need? £6k for a 2CV - I don't get it myself.

If you're happy to have a slow old car I'll take back my previous reservations on the new generation Panda 4x4. I feel it'll off most of what you're looking for.

Not sure I'd call a Prius or an Insight (more so) a classic.

The 2cv idea is not dead, but it's on the Liverpool Care pathway.

The 2cv idea is not dead, but it's on the Liverpool Care pathway.

:eek: Nooo! If you don't buy one, that's one more available for me to contemplate purchasing. :crazy:

This lovely 1950s AZ model would be my ideal choice - can't believe it sold recently for just £6500, when rebuilt 1980s models are fetching almost twice that.

And those seats really appeal to my ascetic side.

SNV30170.jpg

SNV30180.jpg

Certainly rather fetching, although the interior somehow reminds me of an old hospital. I don't really do asceticism, apart that is from liking a steely Alsace riesling.

8 years and 100,000 miles according to the Toyota UK website.

Any useful tests of battery degradation? I doubt it is an all or nothing problem.

8 years and 100,000 miles according to the Toyota UK website.

Any useful tests of battery degradation? I doubt it is an all or nothing problem.

The link I posted points to cars with over 200,000 miles still going strong and batteries about 20% of the price most people believe them to be.

It's one of those, you'll never know until you try it ideas.

Some more research required but I think this is a good idea.

Small cars 19 stone and 6ft 6in do not make a good combination. I have been away for 2 years with another marque buit will be back in an E500 as of Saturday.

I had my first ride in a Prius on Monday (a taxi). I was quite impressed, albeit I was not driving and it was a short journey.

Bloody site more comfortable than the black cab earlier in the day.

[YOUTUBE]OkWvmwM9aNM[/YOUTUBE]

Not shown, chap with big beard, takeaway and scots accent running off saying

"I paid thousands more for a lousy MB 4 pot diesel when I could have had this for the cost of deep fried haggis - I hate you"

I had my first ride in a Prius on Monday (a taxi). I was quite impressed, albeit I was not driving and it was a short journey.

Bloody site more comfortable than the black cab earlier in the day.

Which generation David? I found the latest series to be a bit hard riding.

Black cabs are hideously uncomfortable.

"I paid thousands more for a lousy MB 4 pot diesel when I could have had this for the cost of deep fried haggis - I hate you"

That does make you think though. What are cars really worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom