Little dinks and scratches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I have a few annoying small scratches and car park dinks on my ML. Ideally, I'd like to find a a bodyshop nearby (SE London/Kent) that I can take to without being ripped off or messed about - ensuring repeat business.

..or shall I risk the Halfords service? Anyone tried them?

I have a few annoying small scratches and car park dinks on my ML. Ideally, I'd like to find a a bodyshop nearby (SE London/Kent) that I can take to without being ripped off or messed about - ensuring repeat business.

..or shall I risk the Halfords service? Anyone tried them?

Ditto.. + a couple of rust spots to door chips.

Ade

I was lucky, when my ML was in for rust repairs to the rear arches and tail gate I had the garage to respary the bonnet, tops of the wings and the rear passenger door to get rid of those annoying stone chips and a rust spot which had been "touched up" which Merc wouldnt repair, cost me £400 but transformed the car, just need to get the lower bumpers filled and sprayed now due to off road scratches.

Personally I would not use the Halfords or chips away type services - after a few months it may end up looking worse than it does today. I am not sure that they use very high quality materials and my experience is that the initial (seemingly good) results do not last.

Depends on how deep the scratches and dents are - can a dent removal expert get those out - and can you polish out the scratches with a rubbing compound and polish?

Rubbing compound...don't think I've used that before...recommendations?

Farcela G3 and G10 - available from body shop suppliers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom