Little E63s preview (Satin PPF)

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

.... and asked them to swap tyres. Man I hated the Pirelli for the three days I had the car (still with Topaz).

Gotta say, using satin PPF and leave parts in chrome was a good choice of mine if I may say so myself lol

Screenshot_20200707-113437_Twitter.jpg

Looking very, very slick. Great decision. 👍
Roll on collection day.

Worth every penny, that looks outstanding. Considering designo night black was a limited option on the Edition 1 cars, there are not many around but Obsidian with Satin PPF looks way better, definitely more unique!

Yea quality from what I see is top notch - by default they even order new badges so they don't have to re-glue 'old' ones. Incredible how sharp those lines are in satin.

Speaking of badges - I asked them if they put the V8 badge on already - If not I am tempted to keep it off actually.

That looks great. Wow. Is it rude to ask how much that sort of thing costs? I have no idea. No problem if you don't want to say.
How is the aftercare on it? Do you do anything special?

This is satin PPF and depending who you use for it - it can be anything from 1000 - 5000 quid ... Mine was done in Topaz so they are on the expensive side of £5500 for a full satin PPF finish.

After care is easy - one thing you need to be careful about is using a pressure washer too close to leading edge as you'd risk lifting the PPF. I have a petrol powered pressure washer that does hot 80C water - the advantage of PPF is that it is self-healing. The stuff Topaz uses actually heals scratches with hot water so my car will likely fix all scratches over a wash ...

So the guys I used will take the car in a couple of weeks - give it another detail and check the PPF to make sure it all is well.

They told me they put after care stuff in the car so will see tomorrow exactly what it is.

But man it looks stunning ... One way to deal with metalic black .. satin PPF - looks like a Batmobile. I love the fact I left the badges and bottom trims chrome - nice break ... can't wait to see it.

Also I find the satin make the edges ridiciously sharp ...

I 'm not a fan of the gloss trim/satin ppf contrast. It's clearly a tidy job, though surprised to see what looks like a water spot on the alloy if it had just been delivered - presumably you drove it a while then took photos.

Nevertheless, a lovely motor and money well spent on protection. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom