Little electric pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mblinko

Car
W212 E350 Estate
Hi

My 560 came back from the independant 'menders' today with a buzzing coming from under the passenger glove box. I unscrewed the footwell cover and underneath there is a little electric motor with a fan on the end which has a hose disconnected and the pump was detached from its mount. The pipe has a split so doesn't attach anymore. I'm wondering firstly what the pump is, is it vacuum and secondly why they were working under there. :confused: Is it because the ecu is under there and they needed to connect to it for servicing? It was in primarily for a service and to fix a misfire.

The car has come back with poor performance, severely underpowered and with a worse misfire than it went in with. They had the plug leads off for new plugs and maybe that has damaged the plug leads. It is an old car so i'm trying to be fair and understand what might have been going on before i take it back tomorrow.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

That fan is for the interior temperature sensor.

Hi

My 560 came back from the independant 'menders' today with a buzzing coming from under the passenger glove box. I unscrewed the footwell cover and underneath there is a little electric motor with a fan on the end which has a hose disconnected and the pump was detached from its mount. The pipe has a split so doesn't attach anymore. I'm wondering firstly what the pump is, is it vacuum and secondly why they were working under there. :confused: Is it because the ecu is under there and they needed to connect to it for servicing? It was in primarily for a service and to fix a misfire.

The car has come back with poor performance, severely underpowered and with a worse misfire than it went in with. They had the plug leads off for new plugs and maybe that has damaged the plug leads. It is an old car so i'm trying to be fair and understand what might have been going on before i take it back tomorrow.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Fan is for the interior temp sensor as has been said- Trace the pipe back if you can it may actually go up to the roof. Renew the pipe- almost any material will do as long as its the same dimensions.
In terms of the misfire did they connect up the plug leads in the correct firing order. 15486372 --- are there 2 coils one per bank maybe one has gone down?
If you have an EZL ignition unit it may have gone faulty

No there is only one coil pack, one rotor and one cap.

These often get neglected. Spend £150-200 and get yourself

- New Leads
- New Plugs (get the correct non resisitor ones)
- New Rotor Arm
- New Distributor Cap.

You can get good stuff from Euro Car Parts/GSF/Andrew Page... Stick to Bosch or Beru items only - especially the leads as these motor factors will always try and selly ou their own cheap alternatives which are total junk normally.

Id bet this will sort out your issues.

After this pop into your local MOT station and ask them to check your idle CO level. Anything between 1.5-2.5 is ok.

Sorted, put on new leads and found a vacuum pipe loose. Fixed and now good again:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom