Little incident local to me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are exceptions which prove the rule.

Or just a random statement targeting a group or individuals that do not meet your approval!

I think it's just because there's more C63's on the road than other AMG's.... maybe.

I can only laugh, as I have a C63 myself and I worked really hard to get it! Now that I'm here, I've been tarred with the brush.... Good job I don't care though :) I just love my car, I love cars in general, I think I'm a pretty decent chap and the world will always go on.

It could be worse, I could be like that stevebgt1 fella :eek:

I think it's just because there's more C63's on the road than other AMG's.... maybe.

I can only laugh, as I have a C63 myself and I worked really hard to get it! Now that I'm here, I've been tarred with the brush.... Good job I don't care though :) I just love my car, I love cars in general, I think I'm a pretty decent chap and the world will always go on.

It could be worse, I could be like that stevebgt1 fella :eek:

Good man Garry, there's nothing wrong with your choice of car.

Let's get this straight.

The C63 is one of the best cars ever. No doubt at all and I would happily have one. In fact we will look at the new C63 coupe once we've had enough of the E63.

However currently, you see so many driven by absolute chavs. I've just returned from West London and you see clearly how ridiculous the behaviour is of some of their drivers. It's like Renault121s says, they're mondeo money and afforded by chavs tarring the good guys too.

I don't agree that it's the fact the c63 is mondeo money. It's down to the fact the c63 is a desirable car that is brought on finance by people that are to young to be driving this sort of car in anger.

In a lot of cases nowadays with the younger drivers it's easy come easy go. Theye don't have to work there ****s off to get a car like you had to 30+ years ago. When I was younger I personally had morals and respect. I grew up with my old man drumming it into me that if you didn't have the money to pay for it then you couldn't have it. So I would save and save. When I could afford it I'd have it. But there was no way I was taking any risks after all that hard work it took to get it.

I don't agree that it's the fact the c63 is mondeo money. It's down to the fact the c63 is a desirable car that is brought on finance by people that are to young to be driving this sort of car in anger.

In a lot of cases nowadays with the younger drivers it's easy come easy go. Theye don't have to work there ****s off to get a car like you had to 30+ years ago. When I was younger I personally had morals and respect. I grew up with my old man drumming it into me that if you didn't have the money to pay for it then you couldn't have it. So I would save and save. When I could afford it I'd have it. But there was no way I was taking any risks after all that hard work it took to get it.

True...but finance is so cheap nowadays compared to, say, 17 years ago.

It is still an expensive car to finance and running costs are very high.

Exactly. Some of the comments in this thread are moronic.

Have to say the elitism on this forum is by far the worst I've ever come across! :eek:

That's not a problem if the average young buyer is living at home with his mum though is it.

It was only matter of time before this thread deteriorated.

Exactly. Some of the comments in this thread are moronic.

Have to say the elitism on this forum is by far the worst I've ever come across! :eek:

Stu, do you not see and accept that some of the chav brigade who would have previously been running around in WRX's, Cossies, Evos and the like have now taken to the C63 as their choice of a fast loud car that gets them noticed.

Its the only MB model that gets this attention and despite its initial cost, whether on PCP/HP or bought outright, its the one the riff raff choose, as well as the enthusiast like yourself and every C63 member I have met from the forum.
Like it or not, its the way it is until another model takes their fancy.

Just to add balance to my previous post...

I see plenty of the London/Knightsbridge/Sloane Street brigade C63s driving like douche nozzles, this doesn't just ruin the reputation of C63s and AMGs... It ruins it for performance cars in general. I also see lots of donuts in E90/E92/E93 M3s, Audi R8, M135i, and Golf Rs. The C63 just happens to be fudging loud when pressing on.

I was having a drink with the Mrs near Covent Garden a couple of weeks ago and we saw a numpty doing multiple laps in an A45. It sounded nice as a petrolhead but he was driving like a dingbat and the whole doing laps thing was cringe, as mentioned by my other half. So there you have it!

Whats the average finance on say a 30k C63? It is amazing the age of some of the drivers you see in them. They look mid twenties.

The world is full of plonkers. Some of them wazz around in C63s. I don't look down on C63 owners, but I do look down on spoilt, immature males, awash with testosterone and stupidity, who drive them (or any other car) antisocially. Unfortunately, the C63 appeals to such people. I don't think it's elitism to condemn them, but their behaviour does no good for the image of the C63 in general.

I agree with Gary Fizzles sentiments -
Most of us work exceptionally hard to own any form of nMercedes including AMG and this is our common ground
I think we have to accept that a lot of the comments above are valid about their prices are allowing certain clientel to get on the band wagon
Equally, a c63 is my ideal car and it "reputation" won't stop me from working my ass off to get one - I'll simply be an enthusiast like the rest of you enjoying. A great car

Luckily for me , a c63 is a rare occurrence in NI meaning it still has that exclusivity and is appreciated by most here, as such

Stu, do you not see and accept that some of the chav brigade who would have previously been running around in WRX's, Cossies, Evos and the like have now taken to the C63 as their choice of a fast loud car that gets them noticed.

Its the only MB model that gets this attention and despite its initial cost, whether on PCP/HP or bought outright, its the one the riff raff choose, as well as the enthusiast like yourself and every C63 member I have met from the forum.
Like it or not, its the way it is until another model takes their fancy.

No to be honest and you know what sometimes I wear trackies and a cap at the weekend as does my neighbour with his £80k M6. The bit that baffles me is we are judging these people based on dress or looks.

Both of us have very good director level/senior management jobs and are quite the opposite of "chavs" and you know what sometimes I drive my car fast, sometimes I blip the throttle down whilst giggling like a schoolgirl because it's fun and I didn't buy a loud and fast car to trundle along quietly. I'd be a lot richer if that's what I wanted as I would buy a fiesta.

My observation is only in comparison to m3cutters forum which I frequent too.

Whats the average finance on say a 30k C63? It is amazing the age of some of the drivers you see in them. They look mid twenties.

Again your all assuming they are finance (not that it matters). I'm 27 and I earn a boatload of money, probably more than 95% of people my age, probably more than most middle managements middle aged types. This enables me to buy whatever car I fancy within reason. I usually change cars every 3-6 months but after 7 months and 10k miles in my C63 I still love it. Should I have to justify owning one because I'm 27? No. Absolute joke and it really riles me.

In America your young and drive a nice car people are usually inspired by your success, indeed some of my staff really want a piece of that pie. For some reason in England though everyone has to have the green eyed monster come out and question why has he/she got that? At his age or whatever it may be. They then assume it's financed, if it is assume that's a bad thing. Maybe that person thought it more financially astute to bury £40k into a house to rent that pays for the car?

Sorry but I don't get it!

I'm pretty sure nursing homes have a curfew don't they? :D
I'm 41 my bro is 34.

Hardly oaps, just chose the classier AMG.

Here we go ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom