Little loss of accleration and less aggressive kickdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookci

After my car has just had its "secondary air injection valve" changed the car doesnt seem quite as nippy as it did before it all started going wrong?

When the car was working as well as it ever had i could floor it at 5mph when the lights changed etc and the car would drop down to 1st and feel pretty urgent! now it seems to stick in 2nd as if im not flooring it?

Is this my imagination or does something need reseting or calibrating?

Is the gearbox set to "W"inter or "S"ummer per chance?

Regards,

KJ

It says S on the dash?

Certainly on the C32, after the air injection relay was replaced, the air injection pump failed shortly afterwards (as it was being worked harder).

Not sure if that would cause the problems you describe. MAF/MAS would be a like suspect though.

The gearbox seems better again now but as for the power i think i might be expecting a little to much! I guess it could be the hot weather combined with a full tank thats dragging it down a little!

Last edited:
The gearbox seems better again now but as for the power i think i might be expecting a little to much! I guess it could be the hot weather combined with a full tank thats dragging it down a little!

Have you fitted sprintbooster yet. If you haven't its a worthwhile investment especially if you are looking for aggressive kickdown.

not yet but its something i get eventually get im sure...

just waiting to get a bit of money back together first again.

Im not sure if my brakes are binding (will check at weekend) as the car feels ALOT faster again today but its wet today... i figured the water may cool the brakes and stop them from binding... maybe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom