Live - 8 Pink Floyd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Just watched Pink Floyd - Awesome.

Great to see the four of them playing together.

Absolutely brilliant.

24 years since they last played together and they could still sell out any stadium in this country (Go for it lads)

the whole day has been incredible - great perfomances from everyone.

The section where Bob Geldof introduced the "baby" from the Live Aid video was one of the most powerful bits of TV I have ever seen.

Agreed though Floyd were superb

Andy

I agree - the whole thing from what I saw was top notch stuff, was son's birthday party tonnight so missed quite a bit - did War of the Worlds and nosh.

I was at Live Aid and I do think Live 8 was as good if not better. The sound quality was superb! Not quite sure how their timing got so wrong though :crazy: But it meant we saw more than we thought :D

Only one that I saw that I could have done without and that was Mariah Carey.

Overall - a damn fine job :rock:

Pink Floyd was cool. Dave Gilmour was excellent! Please can Roger Waters give up singing now though!

The Floyd ;) , What can you say ? Awesome...........words fail me for a change :rock: :rock:

Pure, pure magic. It was worth hearing Roger Waters sing just to see the four of them together again. This performance made the day for me, but then again I am 'of that age group' that was bought up on 1972 onwards PF.

Paul G

PS What's happened to Dave Gilmours hair? Looks like he's been using wash and go!

andy_k said:
the whole day has been incredible - great perfomances from everyone.

Pink Floyd certainly showed younger musicans how to perform.

Who on earth was that 'person' that accompanied Elton John? Personally I do NOT think that was a great perrformance.

Sorry to be slightly negative.

Chris De Burgh was brilliant (He performed at Berlin)

John

All our yesterdays, they where amazing, Annie Lennox etc it was a great show. The only person missing was the main man Eric Clapton.

Peter.

kikkthecat said:
Absolutely brilliant.

24 years since they last played together and they could still sell out any stadium in this country (Go for it lads)

Wasn't it just! A bit rough, but Comfortable Numb was still ace.

I thought they were very rough - Waters looked positively frightened and was way out of time at the start of Money. Gilmour didn't look too well either. Was great to see though - not sure the Robbie Williams crowd got it though.

The Floyd were great, and Roger Waters had a smile on his face - I hope we can expect great things to come.

The Who were also great, but I feel they're only half the band (literally) without the Ox and Moon behind Daltrey and Townsend.

Liked Annie Lennox a lot, Madonna also, in fact apart from Elton and the doped up numbty accompaning him it was all pretty good.

Could have done with Sabbath/Ozzy on the bill as well I feel.

PS, Jethro Tull as well

stats007 said:
I thought they were very rough - Waters looked positively frightened and was way out of time at the start of Money. Gilmour didn't look too well either. Was great to see though - not sure the Robbie Williams crowd got it though.

Can't agree with you there, it was a very polished performance considering how little they rehearsed. As for the crowd, it was amazing to see how many youngsters knew all the words to Wish You Were Here and Money :bannana:

it was a very polished performance considering how little they rehearsed

That's a bit of a contradiction in terms. Waters looked like he was jamming along. As a musician myself , it would have been quite annoying to be on stage with such a bass driven song as Money. Always good to see Gilmour pull a few faces on his strat though :rock:

Just one word ...... Incredible.....

Good to see Waters performing with them, did anyone catch the little raise of the eyebrows from Mason to Gilmour about halfway through ? as if to say 'well, what do you think ?'

I thought Waters carried the verses of CN quite well with Gilmour singing the chorus....

It would be lovely to see them tour again, I went to the last one in'94 and would pay more or less anything to see them again...

As a little aside, i was at a Live 8 party last night (translates to a big p*** up at a mates house whilst watching it on telly and having a BBQ) , anyway, i sat through the whole thing, from 2 o'clock waiting for Floyd to come on, about 10 minutes before they do, a very drunk friend of the host comes in and starts talking very loudly over the TV, i asked him to shut up when Floyd came on at which point a row breaks out ( i had had them best part of a bottle of Pimms) and then kicks off, the host had to seperate us and i left shortly after the Floyd left the stage.......Bugger.....

Anyway, i have a slight hangover today and will pop round later to proffer my apologies....... :rolleyes: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom