Live traffic alerts/updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XRS

Car
C250 Sport Premium Estate
I have a S205 C250 Sport Premium. We used to get these updates, i.e. when on a route it would tell us that there was a holdup ahead and should it divert? However, we had issues with our first two satnav screens and ended up with a third, now reliable(ish) screen. But without the live traffic.

I have had mixed messages from my dealer about whether or not this should be on the car, but my son has a similar car (only differene is that he has an AMG-line). Today my dealer has stated categorically that our Audio-20 car cannot have live updates and never has had. Except I know it can and it has.

Can anyone throw any light on this for me please?

My daughter has a (S205) C220d Sport Premium Estate (with Audio 20) and I've just asked her if it has live traffic updates. She says it does and the dealer also said it should.

My (C205) C300 AMG Line Premium Coupé with Audio 20 has live traffic updates; very handy this morning when the M40 was closed between J11 and J12.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, it looks like it should be there then. This morning the service manager showed me a print-out which stated that only cars with Command can receive live traffic updates, but I know this is wrong since both our car and my son's car have received them in the past. I also spoke to a salesman and he said it should have live updates as his does and he doesn't have a Premium Plus.
I've checked on-line with Mercedes Me and there is no option there for live updates. I'm not convinced it was ever part of that service but came as an integrated part of the Audio 20, which your replies seem to bear out. Could someone please check their Mercedes Me account and see if the option is listed on their account please? Also, in the car the satnav menu should list a subscription for live traffic updates, could someone let me know what theirs says please?

Thanks for your help.

Update:
I've spoken to MB Customer Relations. It is not part of Mercedes Me, but the subscription status is held on the SD card extensions can be bought via their website (though I couldn't find it). So my theory that the subscription was lost when the satnav unit was changed could be correct.
Waiting to hear back from my dealer....

Traffic & Alerts

Go into Settings | Traffic & Alerts:

IMG_0540.jpg

Select Live Traffic Information:

IMG_0541.jpg

The dealer called and it's apparently not live traffic we're missing but traffic messaging (whatever that is). The car is booked in for the end of next week so we'll see what transpires.

Well, after two and a half days and three new SD cards the car finally has traffic messaging back online. As a spin-off benefit I now have the latest version of the software although I have to re-enter my favourites and POIs.
Only took about 18 months of pushing and prodding to get it either accepted that there was something wrong or that there was something they could do to put it right.
With customer service like this it's unlikely I'll choose MB again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom