Live Traffic Information/Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldTimer66

Car
C200 Sport Estate S205
Hi

Just a quick question. My new C Class Estate is being delivered early February.

It is the Sport line so has the Garmin Map Pilot Sat Nav installed as standard. I also note on the configuration that it should be also come with Live Traffic Information (SA_B54).

I've had some conflicting information over what (if anything) SA_B54 provides. For example, I have been told by others that either:

(1) The Garmin has traffic information but it is supplied via TMC and not via the internet (ie no Live Traffic Information in the MB sense of the phrase)
(2) The Garmin cannot support traffic information services of any flavour
(3) Most MB models have been installed with a module which will enable internet connection for a while now (although they may not yet be enabled), and this will alow Live Traffic Information to be installed retrospectively.

I'm confused. So can the knowledgeable folk here help?

Last edited:
Hi

Just a quick question. My new C Class Estate is being delivered early February.

It is the Sport line so has the Garmin Map Pilot Sat Nav installed as standard. I also note on the configuration that it should be also come with Live Traffic Information (SA_B54).

I've had some conflicting information over what (if anything) SA_B54 provides. For example, I have been told by others that either:

(1) The Garmin has traffic information but it is supplied via TMC and not via the internet (ie no Live Traffic Information in the MB sense of the phrase)
(2) The Garmin cannot support traffic information services of any flavour
(3) Most MB models have been installed with a module which will enable internet connection for a while now (although they may not yet be enabled), and this will alow Live Traffic Information to be installed retrospectively.

I'm confused. So can the knowledgeable folk here help?

The Live traffic information system is handled but a separate control unit that cannot (at this time) be retrofitted as it isnt possible to buy the subscription for it (yet). Cars without Comand do not have this module fitted. So point no 3 above isnt, im afraid, strictly true.

The Live traffic information system is handled but a separate control unit that cannot (at this time) be retrofitted as it isnt possible to buy the subscription for it (yet). Cars without Comand do not have this module fitted. So point no 3 above isnt, im afraid, strictly true.

Thanks for the reply Alfie. Just to clarify -you are saying that Live Traffiic should work with a Garmin on a W205 MY16?

I have tried to do some further research on point 3 and I think the source who gave me the information about point 3 may have been referring to this MB press release?

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/me...rofit-solution-for-mercedes-me-functionality/

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow over this but my excuse is this is my very first MB after years of VAG/Skoda ownership so I'm not up to speed in all things MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom