Live traffic information

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, I meant Mercedes local search, not places in post #19

Ok so TA is enabled (at least I can see TA at the top of the screen when in the radio). Journeyed in without setting a destination and I had no traffic advice broadcasts.

My commute is Cardiff to Swansea on the M4. In my XE I used to get bombarded by travel bulletins, National, local and Somerset. So it’s definitely something about the car not the location.

I had Apple CarPlay connected for the journey but also don’t see why that should make a difference.

As far as I can tell TA is enabled but not working.

Any further thoughts would be really welcomed.

Just a thought - maybe the TA only works on FM and you are on DAB?
But even if it did work do you really want the traffic announcements cutting in and telling you about everything in a 100 mile radius?

This is based on my C-Class Comand unit:
If you have the sat nav screen displayed you will see yellow and red dots showing where the traffic is. If you have a destination set it will try and route you around the traffic. You need to be in Dynamic journey mode, but it's not as good as Waze though. Somewhere on the nav screen options you can list the delays. Hope that helps.

Well drove home listening to the radio with CarPlay disconnected and no destination in the sat nav and still no traffic news. Weird.

I’m wondering if it’s possible for it to be a software issue or similar. I stored an FM station so i know I can get FM no problem.

It’s not very often I get traffic info on the radio which I find strange as Radio 2 definitely broadcast on the TA channel.

It’s not very often I get traffic info on the radio which I find strange as Radio 2 definitely broadcast on the TA channel.

whether it’s a setting or an issue mine is definitely to do with the car as I used to get them all the time in my Jag

Well, I purposely enable route guidance to night for a bit of a test. It does tell me about traffic delays time wise and displays x minutes when the delay is going to take a certain amount of time. It also seems to announce more stuff about queues of traffic too

I'm not sure I have such an option on this car to be honest, I definitely had that option on my last W212 though.

Ok so TA is enabled (at least I can see TA at the top of the screen when in the radio). Journeyed in without setting a destination and I had no traffic advice broadcasts.

My commute is Cardiff to Swansea on the M4. In my XE I used to get bombarded by travel bulletins, National, local and Somerset. So it’s definitely something about the car not the location.

I had Apple CarPlay connected for the journey but also don’t see why that should make a difference.

As far as I can tell TA is enabled but not working.

Any further thoughts would be really welcomed.
Hi all
Just reading all the info about traffic information. What I really want is a voice to tell me there is a problem ahead. I don't want to have to scroll around and read text - that is a driving distraction. Also coloured lines on a map really tells me nothing at all

Bring back the old TMC

The old TMC on COMAND is disabled if you subscribe to the TomTom Live Traffic service.

You can try the legacy Traffic Announcements (TA) service on the analogue FM radio, it may have the feature you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom