Live traffic nightmare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting. I wonder why Live Traffic works on mine without an ITC subscription?
An opportunity to introduce extra price gouging? Probably not, but some manufactures have been know to sneak in all sorts of extra charges for things that were previously free.

I have had a similar problem for 2 years. It's been in the dealer many times. They are Clueless. What's weird is that it works in Belgium and Switzerland!! I have given up and had Android auto activated😁😁

What's weird is that it works in Belgium and Switzerland!!
That chimes with my view that it's a back-end server provisioning issue, and not a fault with the car.
They are Clueless.
I agree, but in fairness to the dealer they don't have it in their gift to resolve the problem without external support if my hunch is correct. Assuming that the issue lies "further up the food chain", if they don't get actively involved it'll never get fixed.

That chimes with my view that it's a back-end server provisioning issue, and not a fault with the car.
One would have hoped the Star Team would have at least part of a clue though.

One would have hoped the Star Team would have at least part of a clue though.
One would, but I suspect we're guilty of assuming greater ability than exists. My general experience is that unless there's a documented fault within the MB system, no-one seems to know how to fix anything - and that's when the fault lies wholly within the car. Add in parts of the system that are external and it makes diagnosis even harder.

It's a bit like having a fault with your home broadband connection. The start-point from the provider is that it's a fault with your installation or equipment (which, in fairness to them, most times it probably is), so when the fault is with their supplier's equipment the first barrier is to get them to accept it's their problem to address, not yours - and remember that the people you will be dealing with have no real knowledge or insight into whether their supplier's equipment is working properly or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom