Live traffic on SD Garmin Map Pilot stops working 3 months in just after a trip to the main dealer…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Libby

Car
GLC 250d AMG
Hi guys,

I know it’s an old chestnut but this one’s got me stumped and I’d appreciate your take on it.

My original SD card Garmin Map Pilot (& live travel updates) ran out when my 2017 GLC reached its 3rd birthday.

I purchased a £99 3yr replacement card V17.0 Europe 2021/22 from a reputable dealer on eBay. (The info from my main dealer was completely wrong and sent me in pursuit of the inappropriate media for my car.) I entered the VIN number etc, locked the card to my car and all worked well for over 2 months, including the superb and indispensable Tom Tom live travel updates.

However, lo and behold a trip to the dealer for my MOT last week and suddenly the Tom Tom Live Travel is now telling me I have NO current subscription😡 Could they have ‘disconnected’ something when the car was in? I’m at a loss at what to do next, any ideas please?

Attachments

• 287A0247-E825-4F67-8DA5-82133CF57F13.jpeg
    287A0247-E825-4F67-8DA5-82133CF57F13.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 5
  • 72F09E50-4C3D-47E2-B211-1028C4083DAB.jpeg
    72F09E50-4C3D-47E2-B211-1028C4083DAB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Just a theory, but something strange seems to be happening with this system. Genuine cards have been on back order for months. Non genuine without traffic are everywhere, those with traffic are still about, but now say "not updateable via Mercedes download manager" (see my other post where MB download manager appears to no longer work) So I wonder if MB are now closing a loophole that enabled these pirate cards to be used. I have read a report that some of these cards freeze after a couple of months.

Just a theory, but something strange seems to be happening with this system. Genuine cards have been on back order for months. Non genuine without traffic are everywhere, those with traffic are still about, but now say "not updateable via Mercedes download manager" (see my other post where MB download manager appears to no longer work) So I wonder if MB are now closing a loophole that enabled these pirate cards to be used. I have read a report that some of these cards freeze after a couple of months.
Hmmm🤔, the plot thickens. Thanks for getting back to me on this one, much appreciated. I’ll check out your post on download manager and take it from there.

Also, if you remove the SD-Card, can you confirm that it is indeed the same one that you recently purchased from eBay? I am not suggesting that the dealer has done anything shady, but they may have removed the card for whatever reason and then mixed it up with another card. A bit of a long shot, I agree, but worth checking?

Thanks for that. Yes, it looks like it’s the same one. I actually thought at the time that at £99 I was buying a genuine one from eBay, but having read some of the comments here maybe I’m not so sure now. Caveat emptor😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom