Live traffic updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes does not seem to have paid the TMC licence for UK on its maps for Comand Online - I assume this is because all cars have live traffic from factory, I also assumed that they would start paying as cars go out of 3 years and may need TMC

So maybe same is true in Sweden.

I ran into this issue for a customer about 3 years ago where the car had Audio-20 and no live traffic and we upgraded to COMAND. TMC just didn't work - even though the map USB packet said it did support UK TMC. We retrofitted live traffic in the end with the help of Mercedes ...

Richard

Mercedes does not seem to have paid the TMC licence for UK on its maps for Comand Online - I assume this is because all cars have live traffic from factory, I also assumed that they would start paying as cars go out of 3 years and may need TMC

So maybe same is true in Sweden.

I ran into this issue for a customer about 3 years ago where the car had Audio-20 and no live traffic and we upgraded to COMAND. TMC just didn't work - even though the map USB packet said it did support UK TMC. We retrofitted live traffic in the end with the help of Mercedes ...

Richard
Hi Richard, you fitted the rear camera to my 2008 GL last November and linked it in to the Comand head unit. The unit in it is the one prior to the one that has the memory card slot . You mention that Mercedes has not paid for the TMC licence, how is it that the unit in mine still shows all the TMC traffic queue traffic ? Does the licence renewal only apply if the unit is altered/updated some how ?

Hi
Because a GL is not a NTG5*2 unit, and I was responding to the problem with that unit described above! I should have been more specific !
R

Hi
Because a GL is not a NTG5*2 unit, and I was responding to the problem with that unit described above! I should have been more specific !
R
Many thanks, that explains it , I was just puzzled, cheers !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom