Living in a dream world £6000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two hopes.....

Bob Hope and no Hope

It looks like a nice car, and these cars are becoming rare in mint condition. Maybe his price is optimistic, but this type of car is an appreciating classic IMHO :)

Low mileage, manual examples would be likely to make that sort of price, but I doubt this one will, as its an auto, has been lowered, has replica AMG's and the flickering ABS light does not help, especially as it would be a failure at MOT stage.....saying that it looks in good nick...I think £3500-4000 would be more like it.

It's got a proper handbrake?! Did they all have them?

yep - and it came as a shock when I went from a 190 to a 300E - 'where's the handbrake??'

It's a nice car - wish the photos were a bit better (and all the right way up!)
I don't think it's worth £6000 though - perhaps he has set his reserve at a more realistic level? But you never know - someone may buy it at that price!

The car looks nice but that steering wheel is just horrible and at that asking price you would expect it to have genuine AMG alloys at least !

Not sure where the comparison to an S-class comes from - these cars are like chalk and cheese by comparison.

They're old cars and are collectable because enthusiasts appreciate them :)

This example doesn't look the best, but Vlad is spot on the money with his observations.

I think some people get excited when they see mint examples sell for top money, and end up pricing their own car incorrectly.

Realistically, they're not worth nearly as much non-standard. Aftermarket wheels, exhaust, steering wheel etc all go against this car IMHO.

As for the buy-it-now price, I'd say 'optimistic' ;)

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom