Living with a W212 E63 Biturbo............1 year on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder if Rog is going to drop a bombshell on this thread which involves him sitting on a pile of cash for a year. 🤔

@roger - did you do anything about the tyres? I've worn the rears beyond the MOT limit and am thinking whether to go with OEMs or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports (though being more noisy and probably less comfortable is putting me off slightly). Interested to know which way you're going re tyres
I went for Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports after crappy P Zeros. Huge improvement, very happy with them and will most likely get them again.

I wonder if Rog is going to drop a bombshell on this thread which involves him sitting on a pile of cash for a year. 🤔
It's tempting Ant, but it has a 12month MOT from today, a years tax and insurance, new pads front and rear, new rear tyres and running like clockwork. It wants for nothing so after a lot of thought, I'm keeping it. It's too good to sell right now.

@roger - did you do anything about the tyres? I've worn the rears beyond the MOT limit and am thinking whether to go with OEMs or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports (though being more noisy and probably less comfortable is putting me off slightly). Interested to know which way you're going re tyres
I bought Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 5's for the rears and very pleased with them. Only had them on for a few weeks and yet to test them for wet weather grip but they are certainly an improvement on the P Zero's

It's tempting Ant, but it has a 12month MOT from today, a years tax and insurance, new pads front and rear, new rear tyres and running like clockwork. It wants for nothing so after a lot of thought, I'm keeping it. It's too good to sell right now.
And there was much rejoicing 🥳😁

This is what happens when the MOT tester leaves the car ticking over to bring the engine up to working temperature for the emissions test:(
20210922_114802[1].jpg

Both wrong, it's really quite simple. Should say 0mpg...
I guess they moved less than 0.5 miles, so didn't register distance but still had speed (1mph)...?

I wonder what is the lowest seen?
Probably after a track day or V Max run.
Gotta be a supercharged 6.2 on a vmax run. That's where my money is! Assuming not many v12s do vmax?!

Gotta be a supercharged 6.2 on a vmax run. That's where my money is! Assuming not many v12s do vmax?!

Think I only ever saw two the times I went.

One was a tuned SL600 and I think the other was an S65 although the driver was not the best I've ever seen putting it diplomatically.

Think I only ever saw two the times I went.

One was a tuned SL600 and I think the other was an S65 although the driver was not the best I've ever seen putting it diplomatically.
Surprised you saw that many tbh! Interesting.

Try turning your car on, not moving it and leave it 15 minutes to see what it says. I'm not volunteering! 🤣

I have noticed that on startup mine says 20mpg (C63 6.2) and then quickly averages out to something less as I start moving. The readings seen above may be due to a similar starting assumption that is then averaged down the longer it's left there.

I went for Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports after crappy P Zeros. Huge improvement, very happy with them and will most likely get them again.
Thanks. I 'heard' they are a bit noisy and stiff. Did u notice a huge change in terms of comfort and noise vs the P zeros?
I've done 8k miles since I got the car in April and will get my indy to do an oil change and replace the rears next week, I'm 90% certain I'm going to go with the F1 supersports

Thanks. I 'heard' they are a bit noisy and stiff. Did u notice a huge change in terms of comfort and noise vs the P zeros?
I've done 8k miles since I got the car in April and will get my indy to do an oil change and replace the rears next week, I'm 90% certain I'm going to go with the F1 supersports
I haven't noticed any difference in terms of noise or stiffness tbh. Though I only changed the rears.
I'm not sure I'd notice a subtle difference in noise or stiffness anyway as those things don't concern me too much - unless they're very bad of course!

I haven't noticed any difference in terms of noise or stiffness tbh. Though I only changed the rears.
I'm not sure I'd notice a subtle difference in noise or stiffness anyway as those things don't concern me too much - unless they're very bad of course!
My back side is very very sensitive to bumps...
I've got a young family so comfort is important.
I'm middle aged and my hearing isn't the best and prefer to hear the exhaust instead of the tyres. Black circles.com shows 75db noise level , which is a bit off putting but I'm going with the supersports on the rears. I'll keep the p zeros in the front for now.

My back side is very very sensitive to bumps...
I've got a young family so comfort is important.
I'm middle aged and my hearing isn't the best and prefer to hear the exhaust instead of the tyres. Black circles.com shows 75db noise level , which is a bit off putting but I'm going with the supersports on the rears. I'll keep the p zeros in the front for now.
Yeah, totally understandable. I think the car is still very quiet, but it's so subjective! Interested to hear your thoughts if you do fit them.
The simple solution is, of course, delete the resonator; you definitely won't hear tyre noise then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom