Loan W211 - How do I turn off the Traffic Announcements?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Just a quickie...

Been loaned a W211 Elegance by my dealer and the TA's on the radio are driving me nuts. How do I turn them off, please? (I can't RTFM coz there isn't one in the car :( )

Just a quickie...

Been loaned a W211 Elegance by my dealer and the TA's on the radio are driving me nuts. How do I turn them off, please? (I can't RTFM coz there isn't one in the car :( )

You don't say whether it has Comand or just a radio??

Sorry, just the basic radio...

I cannot help then as I only have instructions for Comand.

Surely there is a button for TA on the radio???

Surely there is a button for TA on the radio???
Admittedly I could have missed it, but I've looked at it several times (with increasing frustration!) and not found one yet :confused:

Anyway, I'm just off to listen to the Traffic Announcements punctuate my journey home ;)

Don't you hold the mute button?
Brilliant! Thanks for the info - Now I can enjoy my music uninterupted by people telling me that some junction in Aberdeen is blocked as I drive along the M40 :rolleyes:

How to Turn the TA off

Thanks for this. It has worked. No more traffic bulletin every 10 minutes.

It would be helpful for the link to the thread. So that I can also find out how to turn those darn things off! :)

I dont know if it works for all Mercs but on mine I hold the mute button for a few seconds until it beeps

It would be helpful for the link to the thread. So that I can also find out how to turn those darn things off! :)

Hold the mute button down until the "TP" symbol disappears from your screen.

I merged the "thanks" thread with the latest thread about how to turn the TA off.
Try searching, it's been answered LOADS of times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom