Locating TV Tuner in R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony M

Car
Porsche 997 Turbo Cab
on my 2004 SL55,I wish to utilise the AV input on the TV tuner.

I believe that the tuner lives under the CD changer, but how to get at it has baffled me. I have taken the cover panel off, and undone as many screws as I can see, but cannot remove the changer to see below.

Has anyone got any ideas regarding the tricks of the trade to get at it :confused:

Ah well, I have now found it, and plugged the output from a portable DVD player into the AV sockets, and bingo....... DVD on the command screen with excellent sound.

All I need to do now is buy a 12 volt DVD player and wire it up properly :)

some of the horribly cheap (30 quid) dvd players ahve a 12v / 5v power supply built into them - if you are handy with a soldering iron...

Tv tuner location r230

Tony,

Please help! Can you let me know where this tv tuner is???

Thanks

on my 2004 SL55,I wish to utilise the AV input on the TV tuner.

I believe that the tuner lives under the CD changer, but how to get at it has baffled me. I have taken the cover panel off, and undone as many screws as I can see, but cannot remove the changer to see below.

Has anyone got any ideas regarding the tricks of the trade to get at it :confused:

In your model it is just alongside the CD stacker. There is a void in the space behind the left tub which holds the tuner vertically. To open that void you will need to remove several pieces of trim.

- chrome end cap at the top of the door opening
- door sill
- rubber seal
- leather covered rectangle in front of the CD stacker

Remove one screw which is hidden behind rectangle.
Unclip carefully by looking in the space uncovered by the rubber seal.

On newer models the TV tuner is exactly the same on the other side. That only applies to cars with navigation DVD's in the trunk/boot.

Thanks for that info. I presume it is the same on the 2007 models with navigation. I don't supose you have a photo of where you say the tv tuner is?

Thanks

Thanks for that info. I presume it is the same on the 2007 models with navigation. I don't supose you have a photo of where you say the tv tuner is?

Thanks

To the right of the right hand lid, or on the other side in the same place.

To remove the rear panel you also have to slacken the 2 torx screws inside the boxes at the rear, when removing the side panels,prise the two clips out with a flat blade at the top, the panels have to be pulled out lifted at 45 degrees, or you will break the rear clips

Last edited:
To the right of the right hand lid, or on the other side in the same place.

To remove the rear panel you also have to slacken the 2 torx screws inside the boxes at the rear, when removing the side panels,prise the two clips out with a flat blade at the top, the panels have to be pulled out lifted at 45 degrees, or you will break the rear clips

Right you are. I only did it 5 times for willing customers. For some reason I wasnt thinking straight.

Thanks all for your help. I will give it ago this afternoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom