Location of TV Tuner in W220 S55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W4SIM

Banned
Car
S55 AMG Kompressor
Hi

Does anyone know where the TV tuner is located in a 2004 S55? Im told its in the boot but not quite sure where, dont know if its this thing pictured here. :confused:

P8160312.jpg

Hi
The tuner is located behind the boot liner in the photograph above the CD Player and Sat Nav - you will need to remove the cover to gain access - from memory it is mounted at an angle - hope this helps - you may be able to see it if you look through the access hatch and look to the right and up with a torch

Sorry, should have updated this.

I went to Mercedes and asked them the same question, the guy printed me a diagram from their EPC using this cars reg number. It showed the TV Tuner to be exactly where has said above.

Only problem was, when i removed the trim and had a look, there was another box there which had some sort of airlines goinmg into it!!!!!

I couldnt figure it out at first but a bit more digging around got me the answer. My car has the dynamic seats and so have the air cushions inside. This box where i was looking for the TV Tuner was the box that supplies air to the seats.

So where was the TV Tuner? Actually found it by accident but it turns out on this car, despite what Mercedes said, the tuner is actually located directly UNDER the CD Changer.

So if your car has the dynamic seats then the chances are its there, if not then it'll be just behind the trim on the left side as you look at it.

No wasted space there then!

I guess not, its pretty much packet out back there.

Next week im even looking at getting a DVD player in the empty slot above the CD Changer so it'll pretty much be a full house back there! :D

Shouldn't the Sat Nav DVD be there above the Cd Changer?:dk:

It should. But not all S class have navigation in all markets (but I would sort of expect the S55 to have it). Or its a MY2003 with CD based COMAND so no separate nav drive!

R

Shouldn't the Sat Nav DVD be there above the Cd Changer?:dk:

It should. But not all S class have navigation in all markets (but I would sort of expect the S55 to have it). Or its a MY2003 with CD based COMAND so no separate nav drive!

R

Thats right, most of the later S-class's had the DVD based Sat Nav and so the Nav Drive was above the CD Changer.

But although this one is a 2004 model, it still uses the old Comand system, Comand 2.0, which as said above is a CD based Sat Nav and so the CD actually goes in just above the Comand screen.

That should means its a Model Year 2003 vehicle which I assume was first registered in 04 which is not that uncommon.

PM me your VIN and I can confirm build dates etc if you want

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom