Lock Down Detailing - Anyone? :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well, since we're all on lock down and limited in where we can go has anyone been stocking up on detailing gear to try out?

I placed an order for some stuff from Elite Car Care as they are still able to continue shipping. Bit of a stock of microfibres and drying towels. Not sure if anyone has used this before but I prefer this to snowfoam -

IPeCTes.jpg

Ed at Divine Detail made this recommendation as I said to him I wasn't enamoured with snow foam. Must say the Citrus Pre-Wash is really good so worth a shot.

I thought I'd try this from Meguiars. I know you see all sorts of random brands and products banded around online. It seems that in detailing the more obscure and unusual the brand the better. I'm of the opinion that it's good to have a mix in your ****nal and the likes of Meguiars and Autoglym should be in there haha.

I've been impressed with the spray on, rinse off Hybrid Wax from Meguiars, thought I'd give this stuff a go.

cwhon7I.jpg

Will see how easy it is to use and how well it lasts. The Meguiars last stage products have come on a lot in the last few years. A lot of their previous waxes were ok but not that long lasting.

Anyone else got new detailing products their trying, buying, using? :)

Ooh nice, those look like some really good results. Cool pics as well, where did you do the detail by the way?

I've not tried a clay mitt as yet but intrigued. Anything to speed up the process of claying is welcome haha.

Quick question, why use a citrus pre wash as opposed to a snow foam? What are the benefits?

Get this from Halfords, £15, does an awesome job, much better than any clay ive used

The pics above are not mine, stock pics for the wax advert

I'll have a look into it. At some point I'll be claying and polishing my S Class properly as I've only given it a quick hand polish and protect. If the clay mitt is quicker I'm all for it haha.

Oh and as for the pics that's cheating!! hahaha I was expecting to see a really cool detailing bay or something. :)

Quick question, why use a citrus pre wash as opposed to a snow foam? What are the benefits?

I tried snowfoam and it was quite good fun to use but I just never found it made much difference. You see all these videos of people applying a foam so thick it clings to the car for ages, I never found that to be the case. Realistically soaking the car with water and then rinsing with a pressure washer was just as effective.

I was recommended the Citrus pre-wash and it actually does what you want and helps remove some of the grime before you touch the car. I believe there is a Citrus pre-wash/snowfoam combination which I've heard good things about too but not used.

I just finished and shut the door behind me, handed over a level access shower room to a mid 70,s woman, fitted a washing machine for an 84 year old man after the delivery/fitting lads left it in his garage and did one, in thes difficult times his smalls were his greatest concern and eased a UPVC door for a 50 something lady with quite bad parkinsons so her care package could gain access to the house. My workload going forward is a similar profile so im going to clean my car, its grotty after a mad 814 mile road trip back when you could go for a drive.I have some water spots that are troublesome for me to shift, whats the product/technique?

give the car a full decon wash, then for the water marks, you can either try white vinegar mixed 50/50 with water, or buy a dedicated water spot remover... Most companies make them now as its quite a common thing, Koche Chemie FSE is a dedicated Q/d with water spot removal in one, Failing that if its a real stubbon one that has etched into the paint then it will need to be polished off with a finishing polish.

Lock down and improving weather, been doing a bit every day and still more to do. Car looking better by the day.:)

I've tried EZ products for the first time and I'm very impressed. My lad did most of the work on the following pictures.

Products used -
Citrus Wash - All Purpose Cleaner & Pre Wash
Cherry Bomb - Luxury Car Shampoo
Viper - Ph Neural Alloy Wheel Cleaner
Sleek - Satin Interior Dressing & Cleaner
Clarity 2.0 - Window & Glass Cleaner

Bought but not used yet -
Wheel Armour - Alloy Wheel Sealant Spray
Chrome - High Gloss Spray Wax

Merc26mar2020-1.jpg

Insig-27th-Mar-2020.jpg

both-28th-Mar-2020-1.jpg

Like that wagon, especially the wheels.

Reactions: AJA
Although I'm tremendously busy at the moment, I have had my summer alloys fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.

I plan to clean the alloys, not having done so since to swap to winter alloys. They'll be cleaned with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel. I protected them with bilt hamber double speed wax last year, which I expect to have remained durable and facilitate an easy clean of the alloys.

Once that's done, I'll use the Tuf Shine kit to prepare the sidewalls and then apply the clear coat.

Well, since we're all on lock down and limited in where we can go has anyone been stocking up on detailing gear to try out?

I placed an order for some stuff from Elite Car Care as they are still able to continue shipping. Bit of a stock of microfibres and drying towels. Not sure if anyone has used this before but I prefer this to snowfoam -

IPeCTes.jpg

Ed at Divine Detail made this recommendation as I said to him I wasn't enamoured with snow foam. Must say the Citrus Pre-Wash is really good so worth a shot.

I thought I'd try this from Meguiars. I know you see all sorts of random brands and products banded around online. It seems that in detailing the more obscure and unusual the brand the better. I'm of the opinion that it's good to have a mix in your ****nal and the likes of Meguiars and Autoglym should be in there haha.

I've been impressed with the spray on, rinse off Hybrid Wax from Meguiars, thought I'd give this stuff a go.

cwhon7I.jpg

Will see how easy it is to use and how well it lasts. The Meguiars last stage products have come on a lot in the last few years. A lot of their previous waxes were ok but not that long lasting.

Anyone else got new detailing products their trying, buying, using? :)

Alex I'm considering a DA polisher, what one are you using there?

I believe that it is more aggressive than SF - I use it to remove stubborn dirt (in crevices etc) with a round soft bristled brush. Those silver fins on the side of my car look great but they are real dirt magnets.

Also it is another product for the detailing suppliers to sell you!;):(

I need to work my way through this .....More waxes DA polisher, pads, foam lance and cloths on shelf above and also 4 different wheel brushes. Have started giving some away to neighbours. Did my car with TurtleWax Hybrid Ceramic (silver bottle on shelf) last week and very chuffed - will be ordering wax and shampoo from same range this week.

IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg

So, Rory, how do you manage the mobility of your products? Do you (pre/)wash outside and bring it into the garage for polishing, therefore grabbing from the shelves, or do you just grab a selection as you detail outside?

This is mine after a good clean. Took the chrome lettering off as well .

Attachments

• F8F7959F-0CD3-4E4F-9339-207F737B1375.jpeg
    F8F7959F-0CD3-4E4F-9339-207F737B1375.jpeg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 27
  • C1A738FD-CF41-48DE-99FA-65CDF1E47D53.jpeg
    C1A738FD-CF41-48DE-99FA-65CDF1E47D53.jpeg
    999.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 3F89107F-3FDB-43F0-BC5B-4A3BD0F0C81F.jpeg
    3F89107F-3FDB-43F0-BC5B-4A3BD0F0C81F.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back