Lockdown/restrictions imminent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
I know the title of my thread is stating the bleedin' obvious (21/12/2021) But last night in the pub the landlady told me she had received an e-mail from the powers that be stating her 'Closed Business lockdown payment ' will begin from 27th December.

She had to apply for it last time , this time it's being done automatically.

Unless it's a hoax , that can mean only one thing for bars , restaurants etc...

I'd say its a hoax, the government usually doesn't offer payments, they have to be applied for?
Did the email request any information such as bank details?

No covid related threads allowed AFAIK? (totally understand why..)

Scam e mail move along now ----- nothing to see here

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1473277575329988609

Rich Sunak tweeted about "New grants for hospitality & leisure sectors - up to £6,000 per business premises."

From Gov.uk:
  • Businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors in England will be eligible for one-off grants of up to £6,000 per premises, plus more than £100 million discretionary funding will be made available for local authorities to support other businesses
  • Government will also cover the cost of Statutory Sick Pay for Covid-related absences for small and medium-sized employers across the UK
  • £30 million further funding will be made available through the Culture Recovery Fund, enabling more cultural organisations in England to apply for support during the winter
Recognising that the rise of the Omicron variant means some businesses are likely to struggle over the coming weeks, the government is providing one-off grants of up to £6,000 per premises for businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors in England.

(I imagine this will be administered by local Councils, as previously.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom