Locked keys in boot c220 w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendog91

Car
W212 E220 CDI AMG SPORT
This is a friend of mines car, he locked his keys in the boot, a locksmith came out and gained entry to the car but was unable to gain access to the boot (no button to open). Breakdown came out and the only option was to cut the parcel shelf and fish the keys out.

Was there any other way this could have been done?

There was references to pulling fuses or disconnecting the battery.

one set on his person, he works away so the spare is at home.

Now that he has the keys can he not use the actual key (blade) to unlock the boot , from the outside ?

K

yeah he has access now, the Key was locked inside the boot. The locksmith gained access to the front of the car and from there the breakdown guy removed the parcel shelf and fished the key from the holes in the shelf.

Use the spare key if he has one? Use a diag machine to pop the boot?

Use the spare key if he has one? Use a diag machine to pop the boot?
Spare is at home and he’s working 5 hours away. The green flag guy said this couldn’t be done. I’m assuming because they don’t have star?

Worst case, could they have smashed through a rear light cluster to get the keys out? :)

This happened to me, keys and wifes handbag containing house keys locked in boot in the cotswolds. A friend drove me on a 7 hour round trip to retrieve the spare, our cleaner met me at home with her keys to my house. Ruined a perfectly good weekend away.

Spare is at home and he’s working 5 hours away. The green flag guy said this couldn’t be done. I’m assuming because they don’t have star?

Would STAR be able to pop the boot with the ignition off? I am aware that the OBDII socket has permanent 5V on pin no. 1, but not sure if all the car's systems accessible with ignition off?

Would STAR be able to pop the boot with the ignition off?
From what I’ve read online, it’s possible. I was more interested in the fuses as this is something he could have done himself. But the fuse panel locations was incorrect. It said there was a fuse panel on drivers side behind the dash, but the only ones he has is in the boot or under the bonnet.

BTW, on my W204, Comand UK retrofitted the boot opening button on the front speaker housing. I had it on the W203 and it made no sense not to have it on the W204.

BTW, on my W204, Comand UK retrofitted the boot opening button on the front speaker housing. I had it in the W203 and it made no sense not to have it on the W204.
Yeah, this is something I found very strange. Why would it not be an option 🤷🏽‍♂️

From what I’ve read online, it’s possible. I was more interested in the fuses as this is something he could have done himself. But the fuse panel locations was incorrect. It said there was a fuse panel on drivers side behind the dash, but the only ones he has is in the boot or under the bonnet.

True, my W203 had a fuse panel of the driver's side, but not my W204 (facelift).

Yeah, this is something I found very strange. Why would it not be an option 🤷🏽‍♂️

It's an option... but should be a standard feature.

But would it have worked in this situation? Because the open and close buttons on the door didn’t work.

If the car remained 'locked' even though he was inside, then I don't know the answer because I've never tried pressing it with the car locked using the fob...... all I can say that it always worked regardless of the ignition position, but again this was always after the car was unlocked with the fob.

Also, I am guessing that the alarm was going off all that time?

If the car remained 'locked' even though he was inside, then I don't know the answer because I've never tried pressing it with the car locked using the fob...... all I can say that it always worked regardless of the ignition position, but again this was always after the car was unlocked with the fob.

Also, I am guessing that the alarm was going off all that time?
Yeah the alarm was going off. The locksmith picked the lock, I thought he may have used an air wedge to open a gap in the door and then pull the handle to open 🤷🏽‍♂️. This would have prevented the alarm maybe.

Yeah the alarm was going off. The locksmith picked the lock, I thought he may have used an air wedge to open a gap in the door and then pull the handle to open 🤷🏽‍♂️. This would have prevented the alarm maybe.

No, the alarm can only be switched off using the fob.

But it stops after 30 seconds anyway.

Couldn't the locksmith have picked the lock in the boot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom