Locked out of car, no spare key.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you so much. I was going to do another v62 in my step dads name - but I’ve now successfully got a duplicate v5 in his name being sent to my house (without needing the doc reference number)

That link and everyones advice was extremely helpful. Once the v5 arrives I can change ownership to myself and go into my local MB dealer :)

Thank you again, Alex
You mean you're going to forge his signature on the transfer of ownership section?

Thank you so much. I was going to do another v62 in my step dads name - but I’ve now successfully got a duplicate v5 in his name being sent to my house (without needing the doc reference number)

That link and everyones advice was extremely helpful. Once the v5 arrives I can change ownership to myself and go into my local MB dealer :)

Thank you again, Alex
And breath..... 😊👍👍

You mean you're going to forge his signature on the transfer of ownership section?
It is an odd one this, lost both set of keys, and v5, or is it just me, but possibly the stepdad for whatever reason has both keys, and original v5.🤔

It is an odd one this, lost both set of keys, and v5, or is it just me, but possibly the stepdad for whatever reason has both keys, and original v5.🤔
🤭

No just get him to switch or switch it over using doc ref online

Been driving it for a year with no v5 and one key. Lost the key and now trying to obtain v5 but I understand it’s a very strange one

This can’t happen on keyless cars, we’ll certainly not on my 2017 car, the older keyless cars I have read that this would happen.
Correct the boot just opens again on keyless go cars. even on my old 2005 cls55

Last edited:
This can’t happen on keyless cars, we’ll certainly not on my 2017 car, the older keyless cars I have read that this would happen.
It just happened in my 2017 E350d! The car has locked itself while the key was in the car!!

I had a 2016 S212 from new and took it to France for a holiday, the car had not completed many miles when I was there so still getting used to the car at the time but I managed to lock my keys in the trunk area.

That is where MercedesMe came in useful as you can lock/unlock the car via the app, I’m not sure if ops car would have this facility but worth investigation.

Robin

I had a 2016 S212 from new and took it to France for a holiday, the car had not completed many miles when I was there so still getting used to the car at the time but I managed to lock my keys in the trunk area.

That is where MercedesMe came in useful as you can lock/unlock the car via the app, I’m not sure if ops car would have this facility but worth investigation.

Robin
It was 4 years ago. He's got them back now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom