"Loctite Blue"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
is helpfully specified as being required for something I need to put together over the weekend. but there are 10 different types of Loctite Thread Lock!

What I need is something that will lock small bolt threads fairly well against shock/vibration loading but will also release easily when adjustment is required.

Any ideas?

The one I usually use is called 'Small Screw Threadlocker 222' - I've never had a problem with that one.

When I used to race RC cars the nuts and bolts were loctited together,(loads of vibration with all the off road scirmishes).Maybe a trip to a model shop might help.

HERE IS AN EXCERT FROM THE LOCTITE WEB SITE on Loctite 243 Hope this helps. :)
http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite_uk/index.cfm?&pageid=336&layout=2
Industrial Maintenance » Threadlocking » Loctite® 243 - Medium Strength - Oil Tolerant
Loctite® 243 - Medium Strength - Oil Tolerant

Effective on all types of metal threaded fasteners. Prevents loosening on vibrating parts such as pumps, motor mounting bolts, gear boxes or presses. Recommended for use where disassembly with hand tools is required for servicing and where parts are contaminated with oil.

Approvals
• P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123000
• Certified to ANSI/NSF
• Standard 61

Applications
Machine tools, presses, pumps, compressors, mounting bolts, gearboxes.

Specifications
• Size of Thread: Up to M 36
• Strength: Medium
• Functional Strength (typical value @ 22 °C): 2 hrs
• Breakaway Torque M10 bolts: 20 Nm
• Long-Term Temperature Resistance: +150°C

Thanks for the info. No idea there were so many Loctite products

What I need to put together is an aluminium mounting for a precision optical device that will get knocked about a bit in use and so adjusted/mounted/dismounted every so often.

Gone through the product selector and, as suggested, Loctite 222 appears best low strength.

Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom