Log Splitter anyone recommend one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Looking at purchasing a log splitter probably from what I can see a 4 Tonne one should suit my needs.

Anyone recommend one?

Thanks

Can't recommend this one personally, but we're close to buying one, too, and this one seems to be fairly well thought of. Log Splitter I looked at this one in a garden centre and it's solidly built. Frankly, I didn't think the 4 tonne ones were up to the job.

Machine mart do a selection along with the wood burning stoves to consume it.

I use an alternative method it's called a teenage son he seems to split logs rather well.....

Grenades work, a lot cheaper but more work, Amazon have then for less than a tenner.

Machine mart do a selection along with the wood burning stoves to consume it.

I use an alternative method it's called a teenage son he seems to split logs rather well.....

Higher running costs though. The good thing about splitting wood with an axe is that it warms you up.

But anyway, IIRC my father has a Clarke log splitter bought from Machine Mart. So far so good. The only mod he's made is to mount it on a frame so it's at an easier work height.

wemorgan said:
Higher running costs though. The good thing about splitting wood with an axe is that it warms you up. But anyway, IIRC my father has a Clarke log splitter bought from Machine Mart. So far so good. The only mod he's made is to mount it on a frame so it's at an easier work height.

"Higher running costs" never a truer work spoken, I just enjoy managing the whinging from our 17 year old

I just bought a grenade - much better than an axe.
Had looked at a log splitter at machine mart - but I'm too tight!

I use a maul and a grenade. Can be therapeutic, promotes thirst and sleep, but I always have kiln dried back up from the Real Firewood Company. It's the best thing about winter.

Thanks all

I've been recommend this one, comes with 2 year warranty and around £175 delivered.

Einhell Electric Log Splitter

I've looked at second hand but they seem to fetch good money. So my theory is might as well buy one new.

I had an Einhell rotavator - decnet quality for the price. So I hope that bodes well for you.

I didn't have much luck with a grenade. Using a heavy splitting maul was dead easy and very satisfying. The art it to stand the log on a good firm base, I used a tree stump, and then give it the hardest swing possible and bits split off easily.

I bought an Einhell table saw - it caught fire after 1 days use!
Of course the fire would save having to split logs:eek:

+1 for a splitting maul. Rest the log on a stump and let the weight of the maul do all of the work.
With just a little practice you can hit the log square on and split it with one blow.

Except for where there are knots of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom