Logic 7 Subwoofer Upgrade - LC2I - W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farhanali89

Car
C63 AMG PPP 2013
Hi All,

I have had my sound system installed for a while i used a LC2i with an aftermarket JL audio amp and sub but im not 100% confident on whether the install was hooked up correctly. i have recently removed the factory subwoofer and realised my aftermarket one was not pushing bass hard enough as it should have been (Factory subwoofer was doing most of the work)

My LC2i signal was taken from the rear subwoofer, The actual 4 wires going to the subwoofer (Yellow, Grey, Black & Red). I fear this was not the correct place to take a signal from as it is heavily EQd. I have also noticed that bass is simply not travelling into the car and at higher volumes it phases off.

What im looking to ask is where is the best place to take the signal from going into the LC2I, Could someone share the location and wire colours if possible? I will then be looking to focus on tuning once i know the correct location has been ascertained. If anyone has any base settings they used with the HK set up using an LC2I that would be great, To note my car is a 2013 C63 so im not sure across the years whether the wiring colours/schemas changed.

Audiocontrol emailed me mentioning the best place to take the signal would be from any full range signal after the amp, They wrote: 'The LC2I is designed to take the high level speaker cable outputs (After factory amplification) and convert those signals to line level. If you have afull range output from the factory system then you could use that instead of an already crossed over dedicated subwoofer output. We usually recommend a full range signal for the LC2I so any amplifer crossovers following the lc2i in the signal path have a full range signal to work with when setting crossovers.

My understanding is not great on this but my assumption is that i should take a full range signal e.g. door speakers. (Front or rear door speakers would be ok as they are sent the same signal (Not the tweeters). I do have easy access to the rear parcel shelf speakers currently but i have a feeling as these speakers are smaller there must definitely be heavy EQ going to these so the doors may be the best bet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom