Logitech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I am a great believer in saying when I receive good service.

Last year I purchased a very nice Logitech Laser G9 mouse, brilliant piece of equipment but last week it kept shorting out so I contacted Logitech support.

They asked me for the serial number and proof of purchase to assist them in considering a replacement. Unfortunately I had lost the documentation and be blowed if I could find any serial numbers. I e-mailed back and thanked them for their assistance but I had lost the documentation. I then said that I would buy another mouse and thanked them for their help. Two hours later I received an e-mail that told me to write down the enclosed numbers on a white piece of paper and then photograph my mouse alongside the numbers.

I did that and two days later I received a brand new 'in the box' Laser G9 mouse that had been sent from Germany via UPS!

I am impressed hence this post :)

Two hours later I received an e-mail that told me to write down the enclosed numbers on a white piece of paper and then photograph my mouse alongside the numbers.

I did that and two days later I received a brand new 'in the box' Laser G9 mouse that had been sent from Germany via UPS!

I am impressed hence this post :)

Fantastic to see good service; but I am baffled, what was the number/photo thing all about :confused:

I would imagine that they are making sure that John took a photo of his mouse rather than one off the net.

I too was delivered a mouse last weekend. Unfortunately this was a live version, which the cat had collected!

aah yes, of course :doh:

doh! :ban:
:) Wake up :)

They gave me a numer..

eg 12347

I then had to write that number onto a piece of white paper and then take a picture of my mouse alongside it.

I doubt David could have kept his live one stationary for the picture :)

I know our clever folks could have used Photoshop or any other suitable software, but I was VERY impressed and did not have to send the old item back.

I wish I could take the old one apart and replace the cable as they are a good rodent :)

Logitech support is excellent, I had a wireless keyboard/mouse kit that was a few years old and packed up, warranty was 5 years I believe. They shipped a brand new updated replacement and advised me to bin the old one - the mouse still worked so had a free wireless mouse in effect.

Also availed myself of Belkins lifetime warranty which was also a good experience and Targus, whose claim procedures were a bit more tortuous but got the job done in the end.

I too have a fair amount of Logitech stuff....very good it is too :)

Also availed myself of Belkins lifetime warranty which was also a good experience ...

Had a lightening strike a couple of years ago which took out all our comms. Belkin replaced their equipment under their lifetime guarantee. Excellent result and the outcome is I now buy Belkin whenever possible so you may say it's good business practice.

And another one here, their kit is excellent and customer service and support second no none, makes a refreshing change these days :)

Talking of customer service .. I once bought a Loewe television in mid '80s. Well about 2001 the remote broke so I wrote to Loewe in Germany asking where I could purchase another in the UK. (This is an almost 20 year old piece of equipement.)

They wrote back stating that the cost is usually around £50 but please find one enclosed with their compliments.....that blew me away.

Pity the tele self destructed itself 3 years later....

Had a lightening strike a couple of years ago which took out all our comms. Belkin replaced their equipment under their lifetime guarantee. Excellent result and the outcome is I now buy Belkin whenever possible so you may say it's good business practice.

It's really because they don't think. That is clearly damage as opposed to a failure due to manufacturing or design.

HP are the same, they never charge for damage to stuff under warranty or Carepack, simply because they are too lazy to bother.

Having read all these messages I am now ordering a nice Logitech Keyboard :)

I can tell you where the serial number is!

(it is on a label by the USB plug)

By the way, did you know you can buy customized shells on the American website - a great mouse

Mike

Got an address to send Belkin stuff back to please? I've got a G+MIMO router that's duff. Got the box but no receipt.

TA.

The illuminated one I hope?

M
Yup,
Hopefully it will be nice and light (I know it is black in colour :thumb:)

No RMA for Logitech mouse :)

I have about 50 Logitech mice and keyboards sat in my garage.... Guess what they were returns... and I knwo for sure that half of them work - just haven't got round to checking which ones.

I have a couple of the DiNOVO keyboards sets which look cool.... and RMA sticker say mouse button broken, just another set has a diff fault so should have few working sets when I get time.

If anybody needs any logitech keyboards/mice for spares/repair give me a shout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom