London Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jeff666

Car
Black SL55
My good lady and myself are doing a Sunday Dickens walk that ends up at London Bridge... Anyone got recommendations for a nice place for lunch?... Pretty open to cuisine with the exception of Chinese

J.

There are lots in Tooley street e.g. The Brigade, Magdellan, one virtually opposite (in the arches under the station with a small black metal fence at the front) the private hospital exit which we can't remember but is excellent, there is a Gouchos Argentinian steak house opposite Norton Rose…my wife used to work there and neither she nor I can remember them all now, two and a bit years later. Sorry. There are lots along Shad Thames, apparently, that are excellent but again, as for names…

Keep in mind that in addition to Norton Rose, there is Price Waterhouse, Ernst & Young, the Mayor's office etc in/around Tooley Street so it really has moved up a notch to cater for them.

Last edited:
Just visit Borough Market and hang out there whilst enjoying the food from the stalls/vendors.

Failing that, walk down clink street (don't mention the prison reference) and you have Nando's, wagamama and the Anchor pub (quite an old pub).

Roast is good and in the market itself. You Sistine floor up and the window seats look down on the market. As others have said there's loads of places. Fish is good as well if you want somewhere less posh. Vinopolis does tours as well as food.

Go to The Shard but don't pay for a ticket. Enter in St Thomas Street and go to the cafe / bar on the 34th floor I think. Great views if the weather is clear, sit on the perimeter tables and save lots of £££'s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom