London Respray Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Hi All,

Got a big scratch on a door that I know will mean a £5-600 respray so I'm wondering about getting a full respray done as there is some rust on rear wheelarches that needs sorting anyway.

Any London recommendations would be great

Thanks

Nick

G P Auto design in park royal do a top notch job, I use them alot.

Does it have to be London? My guy is in Hastings but is brilliant. Just completed my 124 Estate. Has also don my C55 and C240. Worth the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi Bruce - not necessarily - have you got details please?

Hi Bruce - not necessarily - have you got details please?

Nick

Here you go. Ask for Samir (the owner) & tell him that Bruce said to give him a call.

01424 438 004
07885 405 408

www.vsse.co.uk

He has done several cars on here for members and now does all of my cars including (as mentioned above) a full respray on my beautiful old 300TE 4-Matic.

Let me know if you need any further help.

The other question is whether to stick with the boring silver or go for something a bit tastier like Designo Mystic Blue..

nickjonesn4 said:
The other question is whether to stick with the boring silver or go for something a bit tastier like Designo Mystic Blue..

Colour change can get very expensive when done properly = glass out, doors off, engine bay etc.

Colour change can get very expensive when done properly = glass out, doors off, engine bay etc.

Yes... :)

I changed a car's colour from silver to white some years ago.

Done a proper job: glass out, headlamps, grill, door handles rear light, rear spoiler, the lot, all removed... apart from the engine bay, as it seemed too much work to mask it.

Car looked great from outside, but when lifting the bonnet people were surprised to see a silver coulored engine bay...

When I had my 124 re-sprayed by Samir. We had the conversation about colour change (Mrs M likes Dash's Almandine Red Estate).

His view was that to do a proper job on a car like my 124, was a complete body shell strip down. That includes engine out along with any wiring, grommets, plugs etc. Everything apart from the tin. Even then, he said, you will always get somebody who will spot a tiny spec.

We stuck with the original colour and that was still a glass out, bumpers off, lights out etc, job which took three weeks.

Yes... :)

I changed a car's colour from silver to white some years ago.

Done a proper job: glass out, headlamps, grill, door handles rear light, rear spoiler, the lot, all removed... apart from the engine bay, as it seemed too much work to mask it.

Car looked great from outside, but when lifting the bonnet people were surprised to see a silver coulored engine bay...

Yes I appreciate that but I am now sure that the car is a long term keeper so not worried too much about spending a few quid on it. There is a Mystic Blue e55 wagon in a Renntech video that looks way better than any of standard colours.

Probably just end up getting the panel and bonnet resprayed in all honesty but always tempted just to see the alternaives

Well I have a great guy at Colchester at the moment he is booking for the end of March,he is not expensive and has worked for all the top garages including Mercedes,the £400/500 are London prices come out in the sticks and get it done for around £200

When I had my 124 re-sprayed by Samir. We had the conversation about colour change (Mrs M likes Dash's Almandine Red Estate).

His view was that to do a proper job on a car like my 124, was a complete body shell strip down. That includes engine out along with any wiring, grommets, plugs etc. Everything apart from the tin. Even then, he said, you will always get somebody who will spot a tiny spec.

We stuck with the original colour and that was still a glass out, bumpers off, lights out etc, job which took three weeks.

That's kind of what's on my mind so not that scared by that TBH although I appreciate that its not going to be cheap. I'd quite like to make the car "as new" - ie. sort out pretty much everything that needs replaced - but a more interesting colour and some more mods. decisions decisions

Needs a bit more thinking through and going to give PCS a call to see how they would approach what is effectively a restoration job rather than just a re-spray.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will update once I make my mind up

Well I have a great guy at Colchester at the moment he is booking for the end of Marc

Hello, do you have the details for the body shop suggested in Colchester please? Thanks, Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom