London to make Supercar Revving/Racing Illegal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the comments in the article:

"A bit.....communist? I can only fear the support and mushrooming of such laws worldwide."

Yes, definitely Communist ideology. :D

'' rapid accelerations will be criminalized.''

Let them rent Dunsfold/Silverstone/Donnington/<insert any race circuit here> for a month, they can rev/accelerate/brake as much as they like there.

It isn't appropriate in a major city centre

why would you want to drive into central London anyway lol

Don't fancy hearing them zoom by even when I am walking....

I think the really annoying bit is that it probably won't work anyway because they are extremely wealthy and don't give a hoot about fines.

There is something fundamentally wrong with people displaying blatant disregard to the law simply because they can afford to.

You see them race around Knightsbridge and then park wherever they feel like...

Fines won't stop them, maybe a Section 59 warning would.

Certainly when I lived in Kensington and Chelsea (the borough proposing this is not London as a whole) the most communist/stalinist/fascist/police statist bit was the parking enforcement, the KCP. Stray even a mm over the accepted party yellow line and internal exile in Lots Road would result, out of which you'd return with vehicle considerably malnourished financially.

They will enforce this ruthlessly. An army of trucks will be on standby to pick the offending cars up and I am certain the bureaucracy will not make it easy. I remember well that Chris Eubank, the boxing chap with the lisp and tailored tweeds, would park his huge US tractor unit on the parking bays opposite my flat while he stayed in Blakes Hotel. The wheels were huge and un-clampable with UK equipment, the truck too heavy for the grab vehicles. Undaunted, the KCP ordered in a clamp from America and I was there on that glad confident morning when he returned to find his truck was clamped. He was a beaten man, and never repeated it.

Confiscate and crush....

Nothing will stop them. They will just buy the Met Police as well.

You miserable buggers - it couldn't be done in a brace of M3's - be proud of your Benz.

I suspect they can make whatever regulations they choose - but in these days of austerity, enforcement will be a bit of a problem.

I suspect they can make whatever regulations they choose - but in these days of austerity, enforcement will be a bit of a problem.

In 2014 Kensington and Chelsea had a parking surplus of £34million. Once they decide to do something, they will commit the necessary resources. They take no prisoners.

Oooh, look at me! doesn't work if there isn't an audience. The mistake is thinking everyone is appreciative when they could just as well be thinking, what a…...

Brum-Brum.

That thread was so funny.

Oh yeah... id forgotten about that thread :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom