London ULEZ - trying to pick an E Class - petrol or diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm from this site Select a search : Directgov - Car fuel data, CO2 and vehicle tax tools

I can pull up this data for this model:
script>

Is this bad news?

They seemed to implement EU6 in the ML class 350s a couple of years before the other models for some reason. The mar 15 plate onwards seems to be the only guaranteed date all MB models are EU6 from.

All CLS diesel variants in the 2014 year seem to be EU5 for example.

I wouldn't bother trying third party sites, as suggested earlier in the thread, check the V5 document for the definitive answer.

Heres the name and contact details of Mary Ankin, the Homologation co-ordinator at MB Milton Keynes.

She was very swift, crisp and responsive when I dealt with her last year.

Just email her your registration number and VIN, and she'll soon confirm the situation for your car. (Email is probably safer than a phone call, to ensure numbers don't get muddled.

Mary Ankin

Homologation Co-Ordinator
MCG Product Management

Office: 01908 245920 (x2920)
Email: [email protected] <mailto:insert%20email>

Well, my 2004 SL55 is Ulez compliant :) (which shows the madness of this all).

My issue with diesels and cities is that Bristol has already announced a diesel ban, I'm taking the view that lots of other cities will follow like sheep and this could well damage diesel values. But the recent diesel-gate already did that big time, so maybe the damage will be small.

Cheers

R

good morning folks, right so I've reached a conclusion to this saga. Thank you for your advice and comments.

Answering a couple of posts.......

Sorry, qouting messages on here is odd so have copied and paste:

What does your logbook (V5C) say in Section 4, D.2 where it lists the "Euro Status"?

Interestingly, my V5 makes no mention of Euro Status anywhere!? In section 4, D.2 on mine, it just says "Type - 212K".

"Heres the name and contact details of Mary Ankin, the Homologation co-ordinator at MB Milton Keynes."

Thanks for this. I actually e-mailed the generic e-mail for Homologation quoted earlier in this message before you gave these details. Seems Mary also checks this inbox and likes to work late and replied at 10pm last night! Let me tell you what she says.....

Hi

I can confirm that your E300 BLUETEC HYBRID AMG SPORT conforms to the Euro 5 Emission Standard and will be subject to the ULEZ charge.

Regards

Mary Ankin

Market Insight Analyst
MCG Product Management

Now that was a slap in the face!! :eek::wallbash: Looking like I'll need to be getting rid of a perfectly good car unless I want to pay every time I leave the drive. Appreciate there's probably an initial discount for residents, but....

Many here will know that I'm not a diesel lover - far from it in fact. But that really is a bummer. You buy a hybrid that's raved about by the journalists for its green credentials (even by the tree huggers) because it's doing everything to cut down on CO2 and NOx, and then you have to pay the price because of a bit of paper. I guess you'll just have to resign yourself to the fuel and tax savings you've already made over the years of ownership.

So is my 2004 e55k, But my Wifes Imported Honda 2.4 Stepwagn is not because they don't know what the emissions are so it gets charged anyway.

Next time we go we will take the 5.4lt v8 :confused:

My previous 5.0 was compliant as is my current 5.5. But the wifes 1.6 Clio is just too old to have been homoligated. Shame as it just goes on and on.

Hi

I can confirm that your E300 BLUETEC HYBRID AMG SPORT conforms to the Euro 5 Emission Standard and will be subject to the ULEZ charge.

Regards

Mary Ankin

Market Insight Analyst
MCG Product Management

Now that was a slap in the face!! :eek::wallbash: Looking like I'll need to be getting rid of a perfectly good car unless I want to pay every time I leave the drive. Appreciate there's probably an initial discount for residents, but....

God that's infuriating. Who'd have though MB would have stuck a euro 5 diesel in a hybrid! Smacks of corner-cutting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom