London ULEZ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
not been paying much attention to this until recently

from April 2019, if your car is not Euro 6 for diesel or Euro 4 for petrol, you pay the T-charge (which is the same as the congestion charge) in addition to the congestion if you go in to the congestion charge zone

from Oct 2021, if your car is not Euro 6 for diesel or Euro 4 for petrol, you pay the T-charge if you enter the area within the North Circular Road and the South Circular Road

come summer 2021, good time to buy diesel cars from Londoners

I live on the border of the new ULEZ, the outside border which means if I drive to the local shopping area I might have to pay the charge, so instead I will drive a few miles extra creating more emissions to avoid the £12 daily charge. I say "might" as currently my 02 w208 320 is listed as not being chargeable.

So is A406 going to be ULEZ or only the border without charge?
I have an impression the legislators are not so driven by ecology but revenues only. Not a single mention of health benefits to residents within the future ULE zone.
“Signs and cameras for the expanded zone will cost £90 million to £130 million to install, but the charge is expected to recoup £2 million a day from 100,000 cars, 35,000 vans and 3,000 lorries, the Standard has learned. Drivers who fail to pay will be fined £160, not £130 as initially thought, in line with the new C-charge penalty.”

So is A406 going to be ULEZ or only the border without charge?

I am sure it will be the border without charge, just as today there is a ring road around the C-charge zone on which there is no charge. It’s very busy...

CL500 is ok :)

Strangely so! I am looking forward to my neighbours’ Peugeot, Ford, BMW, etc, diesels getting charged whilst I drive freely in my gas guzzler. It does make some sense though when I compare particulate and NOx emissions: the E500 is far better on particulates and NOx than any small diesel (except for newer Euro 6 diesels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom