Long Days Drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
From Cambridge to the Cottswolds, then to Hollyhead in Anglesey and back again. - 12 Hours and nearly 700 miles :eek:

IMG_20161220_020427_zpsckkhkh5t.jpg

3 People + boot full, mixure of heavy traffic and sometimes 90Mph :) - I did all the miles myself and had many breaks, still was a total killer.

North wales on the coast road had a proper rev in the tiny long tunnels. 4 windows down flooring it is deafening :bannana:

Car performed flawlessly apart from rewarding me with a broken drivers door window mech failure. (Nick Mercedes will be pleased). I had to drive 200 miles with a window at half mast :( - eBay repair kit ordered :)

Last edited:
Calais (reset on leaving the Eurotunnel) to northern Italy in one go, 2 fuel stops.

tripcomp.jpg

Longest I've done is about 650 miles Fort William to Inverness and then back to Portsmouth Average about 54mpg if I recall

Monaco to Calais to catch a ferry in my C63

Attachments

• image-1920921554.jpg
    image-1920921554.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 99
I'd expect an AMG to only take half that time. Extra luggage must have slowed you down. Time for some power upgrades :)

Average 71mph? Impressive

It was surprisingly easy, keep up a fast cruising speed and don't stop too often. The endurance of the squishy organic things seated inside was the limiting factor.

Last edited:
I did 2400 miles driving to Cyprus with about 400 miles on day one leaving 2000 over the next two and a half days to Selfke at the bottom of Turkey.

Took it a bit easier on the return using a different route which was about 2600 miles over four days.

And enjoyed it all.

I did 2400 miles driving to Cyprus with about 400 miles on day one leaving 2000 over the next two and a half days to Selfke at the bottom of Turkey.

Took it a bit easier on the return using a different route which was about 2600 miles over four days.

And enjoyed it all.

I did it to Cyprus in an ML63. That took some juice. I shared the driving with my mate, Mr Lead Right Foot! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did it to Cyprus in an ML63. That took some juice. I shared the driving with my mate, Mr Lead Right Foot! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice.

We did it in a 1.9TDi Saab 9-3 estate. Nowhere near as fast as the autobahn monsters but it did return fabulous mpg meaning I didn't have to stop very often for fuel, despite the prolonged high speeds I was doing.

I still wished I'd taken the other Saab, a 9-5 estate with the hot turbo engine... for obvious reasons :devil:

Calais to Beziers 680 miles, to overnight stop en route to Spanish house, usually 9/10hrs average around 68 MPH and 46mpg. Which then leaves a 560 mile pootle, to Spanish home, love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom