Long journey tomorrow. Place your bets.

Will I make it?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That really is very good. I've had a few V8s and the NA cars always seem to come out on top where MPG is concerned. What was your average speed (not overall according to the screen, but the speed you aimed to keep the car at), 56ish?

That's a really good average speed, which is probably why you managed to make it.
Mine is permanently stuck at 13-14 mpg...

I set cruise at 71mph as GPS was 69.7 at that setting. It's really hard work maintaining a solid cruise on the road as you are constantly forward planning based on vehicles approaching ahead and behind. Also, downhill is best taken with cruise off and the throttle depressed slightly to hold a neutral / coast position. Cruise applies the brakes and isn't efficient in a steep descent.

I did notice the car takes a while to settle into an efficient cruise. About 60 or 70 miles at constant speed before you see the average consumption level out at the ideal figure. I also logged fuel flow with the obd adapter and 58mph is where you get your most efficient speed vs fuel usage. That would have been a horribly slow journey if I'd done that however.

I set cruise at 71mph as GPS was 69.7 at that setting. It's really hard work maintaining a solid cruise on the road as you are constantly forward planning based on vehicles approaching ahead and behind. Also, downhill is best taken with cruise off and the throttle depressed slightly to hold a neutral / coast position. Cruise applies the brakes and isn't efficient in a steep descent.

I did notice the car takes a while to settle into an efficient cruise. About 60 or 70 miles at constant speed before you see the average consumption level out at the ideal figure. I also logged fuel flow with the obd adapter and 58mph is where you get your most efficient speed vs fuel usage. That would have been a horribly slow journey if I'd done that however.

I find the limiter better I'm those conditions.

Great thread!

I'm embarking on a trip to the Southern Alps in Austria (via the 63's spiritual home!) and if I get anything like those kind of returns I'm gonna be one very happy bunny!

I see the bigger problem as keeping to sub 70 average down those autobahns! Although I won't feel the need to vmax following yesterdays 174mph at the TV4 event in Suffolk :)

What's the runway length at TV?

I use limiter instead of cruise control

What's the runway length at TV?

believe 2.2 miles

Correct. There is a 1.5 mile run which includes the timed section at the end. You then have a 0.7 mile section to dance on the brakes - plenty, but you do need to apply them with some vigour else you find yourself still ton plus with end in sight!
There is also an emergency run off (not such good surface) for another 0.3/0.4 oh and a sand trap after that!!! :doh::doh::doh:

Last edited:
Vmax is 1.44 miles from launch to trap. I achieved 181mph on a v5 map and no other mods what was your setup at TV?

Very impressive. Just goes to show what can be achieved with a slightly lighter right foot :)

I don't know how you can drive 70 all way, Its hard not to put my foot down on any journey. I did 3000 miles to Austria and back in mine & think it was 10 tanks of fuel, One of those went in 20mins after blasting through the tunnels cut out of the mountains for miles.

You got through a full tank of fuel in 20 minutes? That's faster than a Veyron can empty it's tank at top speed. :crazy:

Even at 180mph that's 60 miles range. 16 gallon tank or there about. I doubt you were doing 4 mpg. I got 9mpg down the strip at vmax

Vmax is 1.44 miles from launch to trap. I achieved 181mph on a v5 map and no other mods what was your setup at TV?

Mines the base C63 Wagon (so no PPP or exhausts etc) with a v5 map, so really pleased with 174.

Tbh, there was a serious crosswind that also affected most peoples times (compared to TV3 a couple of months back) so fingers crossed it might even push toward the 180 mark on a better day!

On the mpg front I didnt do a pre/post map comparison but either way both were below 10mpg :eek: very worth it though, roll on TV5 in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom