Long shot... 09 W221 (pre-facelift) ipod kit

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Wanted' started by chrisjfinlay, Mar 26, 2014.

1. chrisjfinlay

chrisjfinlay Active Member

Car:
    s320 cdi (W221)
    Hey guys,

Long shot, because I know these are comparable to hens' teeth... Does anyone have an iPod integration kit for 09 W221 (pre-facelift) that they'd be happy to part with? My local Merc garage is happy to fit a unit for me if I can get one, but they can't order them in because Mercedes has decided to discontinue a 4/5 year old part...

2. dazzleships

dazzleships New Member

Car:
    Mercedes S320 CDI (W221)
    I bought my S320 CDI from Sytner Mercedes in April 12. It already had some audio connectors in the glovebox but not for ipod. I asked them to fit the ipod connector which is basically a cable the feeds into the glovebox (you cant see a connection on the car side so that is hidden) and then connects to the ipod using a connector that is similar to what you would use to charge it (iphone 4 type not 5). Having used it daily for 2 years, the connector has now broken (I have made a temporary fix with sellotape) and I am asking the dealer for a new cable so will let you know how I get on. I cant believe it is a priorietary part or hard to get hold of but will soon see

3. Giantvanman

Giantvanman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
    Give the guys at comand.co.uk a call. May have them in stock.