Long term HELP Mercedes Clk A209 heavily modified

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CalinLiviu

Car
Clk w209
Thanks to all of you for making this forum exist. First of all im sorry for my bad english second to none im here to ask for help and opinions regarding my mercedes CLK w209 convertible.
Recently i bought a CLK 2003 convertible. Right now im looking to change the hole car. Into something that i can call :my car
1 interior:
At the moment i took out the cream damaged leather interior and i replaced it with a black leather oane. The front seats i replaced them with AMG W207 (2014) coupe. W207 AMG Steearing wheel and hopefully if i manage to fit it in w207 dash bord and w207 center console.
2 Outside:
CLK w209 black series body kit, lowering suspension , brand new ventilated and groved brake disks all around, double exhaust, xenon headlights retrofit , tinted windows and rear lights, and the hole car wrapped in black matt ( there will be no AMG 55 or black edition logos on the car!!! Car will be badgeless.
3 Engine:
AT he moment my car has an m112 2.6 v6 petrol . Im planning for a simple and straight swap. I have a donnor car wich is an clk 3.2 petrol convertible. Will swapping the engines be a dificult task or an easy oane. I do know that the engines are almost identicals. And i do know i need to transfer the new ECU from donnor car to my own car. Is it a straight job or is it to complicate? Also, do i need to swap the gearboxes ( i dont think so but better ask)

I am looking for help and advices regarding engine swaps from 2.6 to 3.2
Also im planning to fit the parking tronik system from the 3.2 ( donnor car) to mine. Is it worth it?
I do understand that some of you will call me crazy , every advice or critic is taken aboard. ; but please do understand that i am doing all this out of passion for building something unique ( not to please others around me) but for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom