Long term storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JurassicSL500

Car
SL
Moving from a villa to an apartment in Spain.
I have always used a battery conditioner for my cars which were kept in a private garage. With the apartment, I am not sure whether I can get a battery conditioner connected to keep the consumer battery topped up in the underground parking, so I may have to disconnect this.

Question is, if I disconnect the consumer battery can I still lock the car manually?

Thanks

I guess you would have to lock the passenger door internally and the driver's door with the key.

Thanks for your reply Marku.
I presume then that the drivers door can be locked with the manual key if the consumer battery is disconnected ?
I just want to be sure before disconnecting.
Thanks Rob

I assume that's the case it is a mechanical operation after all entry can be gained after a electrical failure with the key. If you want to make sure why not leave the passenger door open disconnect the battery and then see if the driver's door can be locked and unlocked with the key.

you should be able to manually lock drivers door with your metal blade key after you pushed down the door pins on the other doors from the inside.

although word of caution!
DON'T close your boot after you disconnect your batt.
you might end up with probs opening the boot!
MB boot locks are not the very best, grime and other twats gets into the cylinder causing cylinder to seize and give you headache!
if you are unlucky, you might not be able to lock or unlock with blade key?

there are protective lock caps to buy from $tealer$hip.
you only plug the lock then you are covered from grime and tw*ts. ;)

BTW, foggot to ask.
do you have a batt in the trunk or in the front?
having batt in trunk is risky buzinezz if you have bootlock probs! :eek:

a good thing to do is to fold a few pages from the newzpaper, I wudd preffer the best pages from page 3 girls :cool: ;) :D :p
fold pages into a square and put in a preferably transparent plastic bag (in case you wanna peep the page 3 chix through the transparent P-bag?) ;)
you will tie a knot on the bag with pages inside, then fold inside pages with bag like a sandwich and stick it into the boot slot where the latch is, then you won't close your boot by accident if you have troubles with a jamming boot lock cylinder.
you can only do this if your car is stored inside a locked garage.
put something non damaging on the trunk to make it stay down.

god speed. :)

As already stated, check that the key works in the boot lock other wise once the battery is disconnected you will no longer have boot access! :eek:

I regularly test the boot lock on my SL for just this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom