Long Tube Headers E55K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SMed08

Car
E55k AMG
So where's the best place to get long tubes for the E55 in the UK? Anyone sell them? Mids and shorties seem to be easy to find. Had a quick search, but didn't find much. Thanks.

Sam

^ The best ones are Kleemann and I believe Acid at MSL Birmingham can get a good deal for supply and fit. You got yourself a good strong E55 there and it has been in MSL on the dyno a few times too.
Ring Acid directly instead of their landline on 07765 44 44 47

Yes you did, several weeks back. Got a lot of little stuff done. But it's almost perfect now. They do great work over there.

Unfortunately, MSL don't seem to do long tubes. It's looking like I'll have to import from the US to get long tubes. Can't seem to find any sold here.

My E55 was in at the same time, Autoclass are indeed a class act..I used to work with Steve @ MBMK..they've done loads on mine including an engine rebuild..
They say yours is a bit quick...enjoy.
I'm sure Steve will fit the long tubes for you..bit of a mission but doable apparently..fortunarly they fitted my shorties while the motor was out..

Last edited:
What is the advantage of long tube headers?

More power. Some say 30whp more than mids apparently. Problem is they're usually way more expensive to buy, and a pain to install. I think I might be able to get some longtubes from the states for about the same, maybe cheaper, than mids from the UK. We'll see.

My E55 was in at the same time, Autoclass are indeed a class act..I used to work with Steve @ MBMK..they've done loads on mine including an engine rebuild..
They say yours is a bit quick...enjoy.
I'm sure Steve will fit the long tubes for you..bit of a mission but doable apparently..fortunarly they fitted my shorties while the motor was out..

Nice. I think Steve posted up a pic with another E55 that was in. :D

Yeah, I've already gotten a quote from Steve.

More power. Some say 30whp more than mids apparently. Problem is they're usually way more expensive to buy, and a pain to install. I think I might be able to get some longtubes from the states for about the same, maybe cheaper, than mids from the UK. We'll see.

In my old Subaru days equal length exhaust manifolds were all the rage. They typically added the most power. I'm not au fait with the V8 but are long tube manifolds equal too? I've got a set of Kleemans coming from the US (in a suitcase lol) but I'd be interested in what you can find.

In my old Subaru days equal length exhaust manifolds were all the rage. They typically added the most power. I'm not au fait with the V8 but are long tube manifolds equal too? I've got a set of Kleemans coming from the US (in a suitcase lol) but I'd be interested in what you can find.

I'm fairly sure that equal length were a way to get as close to longtube as possible, but where space or ground clearance was a factor. I don't think I've ever seen equal length long tubes because the longer the tubes get, the closer they are to equal length anyway, as a percentage.

I've thought about the longtubes in a suitcase, but I think they're too big.

The ones I'm looking at are Project B5 from the US and they will ship to the UK for $1120/£865. They will also put an appropriate/efficient value on the box for customs.

EMP also don't have long tube headers. Also, they claim to take over 13 hours to install! :eek:

Steve at Autoclass say they can do mids in about 4 hours, and longtubes in 5 hours.

That's a pretty huge difference, and difficult to which to believe. They both seem to be really reputable shops.

The Project B5 headers are quite a bit cheaper than most long tubes.

The reviews so far are a little hit and miss when it comes to fitment, but still many people say they fit no problem, and have a had a few recommendations. Perhaps the people finding them hard to fit are doing it in their driveway?

There was a good sale on long tube headers in the states this past weekend, so I pulled the trigger. Hopefully get these on and tuned in the next couple of weeks.

Need to start a build/project thread.

What did you end up buying?

Project B5 for $775 (normally $900), which ended up being $925 shipped to UK. Hopefully found an efficient way to get through customs/duties etc.

I have heard a few mixed reviews on fitment from the states. But these mainly seem to be installer dependent. And/or with cars with worn motor mounts.

My mechanic and I are expecting to use a little bit of persuasion tbh. Around some heat shields and around the steering column. These come with slip fittings that we'll just weld up so no leaks. We're expecting about 4-5 hours labour.

Thanks hat sounds like a very good price indeed. Got a picture of what they look like? I'm still waiting on my Kleeman headers to arrive from the US. The wait is killing me!! Lol

From their website

Project B5 said:
PB5 - M113k Mercedes AMG Longtube Headers
-The ultimate bolt-on exhaust upgrade for your supercharged V8 AMG car

FITS:
2003-2006 E55 AMG
2004-2006 CLS55 AMG

-321 stainless steel, tig welded construction
-Individual 1.95" Runners that form a uniform 4>1 3" tube merge collector thats been hand ported.
-Stainless steel flex sections to eliminate any stress or cracking issues.
*Our headers are the only units to market that feature a high quality braided flex section to absorb movement. It's a common issue with stock exhaust to crack apart the catalytic converter ends or break studs due to lack of flex in the system.
-Includes the longtubes, mid-flex-section, xpipe, & clamps/install hardware.

*You will need to turn off your secondary o2 sensors via. STAR diagnostic or have your ECU tuner code them out of your tune to eliminate a check engine light. Other customers have reported success with o2 spacers and foolers.

*With proper supporting mods, one can expect 40-50+hp gains when uncorking the exhaust system with such a mod.

!FREE SHIPPING 48/USA!
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE

e55longtubes1.jpg

e55longtubes2.jpg

e55longtubes3.jpg

Hi,
Have you asked them if there are any problems fitting them to a RHD car? as that is normally an issue with all the tubular manifolds.

Yeah there will need to be some slight modifications to get it to work. My mercedes indy have installed headers from the states on the E55. He's expecting probably 5 hours for long tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom