Longest period without eating?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Another thread which strayed on to Harvester Restaurants got me thinking...

I only ate one meal on Saturday, shortly after which I discovered I had either a bug or food poisoning, so the last meal I ate was on Friday tea time, which is almost five days ago.

Since then I tried to eat a sandwich on Sunday evening after feeling a little better, but failed. I tried something a little more sympathetic on Monday morning in the form of a couple of biscuits, but again failed.

So I haven't really eaten anything for five days.

I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow, and so want to eat something tonight!!

Anyone else every gone this long without eating!?

Longest I ever went was one weekend. Lost almost 2 stone and 2" round the waist.

Soon went back on...............

I managed 5 minutes once.

That reminds me feeling a bit peckish.......

I once survived for three and a half weeks on small bag of raw potatos.

By the end I was definately feeling the worse for wear.

Well I've just had an Arrowroot biscuit - apparently Arrowroot is good for settling upset stomachs? - waited 20 minutes - then a couple more - waited a while longer - and a few more.

Fingers crossed!!

Strange thing is I've been able to think about eating all manner of tasty stuff and it hasn't made me want to eat. But that first bite of the first biscuit has made it difficult to stop!!

Well I've just had an Arrowroot biscuit - apparently Arrowroot is good for settling upset stomachs? - waited 20 minutes - then a couple more - waited a while longer - and a few more.

Fingers crossed!!

Strange thing is I've been able to think about eating all manner of tasty stuff and it hasn't made me want to eat. But that first bite of the first biscuit has made it difficult to stop!!
Is there any chance of contacting any medical advisors? Hopefully everything has settled and you will slowly recover your strength.

Have you ever used this site?

Good luck

regards
John

I'm not allowed to tell you the full story, but 1 week without what you would call food...;)

Try using COMPLAN or BUILD UP nutrition balanced dietary supplements for those with impaired digestion. Mix with water or milk available in different flavours. You can survive a long time without food as long as you keep up your liquid intake. http://www.complanfoods.com/

Try using COMPLAN or BUILD UP nutrition balanced dietary supplements for those with impaired digestion. Mix with water or milk available in different flavours. You can survive a long time without food as long as you keep up your liquid intake. http://www.complanfoods.com/

Isnt it 30 or 40 days without food as long as you have water

Isnt it 30 or 40 days without food as long as you have water

I'm not sure of the absolute limits but as soon as the body runs out of dietary energy it will start consuming itself by changes in normal metabolism. Body fat and muscle will be "burned" to provide vital fuel for the major organs and brain to continue to function. After about 2 months of zero dietary input permanent organ damage can occur. Don't think BD's reached that stage yet!;) This organ damage thro malnutrition is the tragic hidden legacy of anorexia nervosa in young people which may only manifest itself in later life.:(

Last edited:
I went five days a couple of weeks ago when I had a chest infection. Managed the equivalent one slice of toast during the whole 5 days.

When I split up from him I hardly ate for three months.

Glad to know I am popular :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now form an orderly queue:eek:

They are the chips that go on circuit boards, I will never use them now

There was nothing personel in the offer :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom