Longest time you have kept a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes sprinter bought new on 2005, still my work horse today at 141k miles. Only cost me a brake caliper and back box along with servicing work.

My mk2 golf 16v gti I brought in 2004, took the engine out of it in 2008 and it’s been sat in my garage since along with my VW Corrado V6 which I bought in 2008 to replace it and then parked that up in 2010 for a rebuild... which is far from complete!

Blimey... that’s not the end of the list either. If I died tomorrow, someone would unearth a barn full of cars along with W126’s and a VW transporter big turbo converted ‍♂️

11 years 11 months in on the S211. Sort of considering replacing it at the moment but can't find anything I really like.

Hi Lennox is that the new C63s Bi turbo estate you've just bought? My wife would love one too. Looks lovely.:oops:
You missed its full title.... Renntech, Brabus, Msport, Cupra, Overfinch AMG pimp chariot.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Mercedes sprinter bought new on 2005, still my work horse today at 141k miles. Only cost me a brake caliper and back box along with servicing work.

Wow that's incredible. We've had our 2007 Vito from new, and on 95k miles now it's cost me £6000 in repairs since April (and been off the road nearly 6 weeks in total): EGR valve, fuel pressure sensor, DPF temp. sensor, turbo, manifolds, instrument cluster. 'Only' two breakdowns prior to that though ... CPS and DPF pressure sensor. A few other bits and pieces too e.g. back box, rear springs, window regulators (they were done under warranty though).

Picked up the S-Class 500 from the Factory January 2008. It has done 156,000 miles and still looks great and goes like a Rocket :D

2.5 years for my outgoing E class cab although i had have my Blackbird 13 years which i will probably never sell

I had a 1989 Land Rover 90 2.5 petrol (what they were called before the Defender name) for nine years.

During that time, LPG was added and then it was converted to 300TDI which is when the bulk of the 180,000 miles I covered were added to the 85k it had already done.... that's roughly (by Mot certs) because it had two speedo swaps caused by defects during my ownership.

Most memorable trips include following the route of the Allied tank advance - all off road- in/around the Cambrai region of France. On boarding the ferry back from France, there was an exclusion zone around the 90 where no amount of cajoling or threats by crew could make any passenger park their car anywhere near us.

I guess the inch-think layer of caked on mud- including the roof- had something to do with it. I had tried to clean it but all the places I went refused to let me use their car washes or jet washes.... the French (head shake, eye roll and tut).

I don't miss it though; the b***h made me partially deaf and gave me arthritis in my right shoulder and elbow..... the option of having both elbows and shoulders in the vehicle at the same without uncomfortable contortions wasn't really an option for me.

At least the dent in my left lower knee caused by the handbrake has filled itself in over time.

So if you ever ask me the time and I answer, "Asparagus," you can take heart in knowing that you not going mad.

I used to keep my cars - the previous two were a Rover 827 and a Saab 9-5 Aero - for about five years. I bought my first Mercedes, an S210 E55, in April 2013. I'm now in my tenth and eleventh...

Built my JZR in 1997, still have it. Apart from this, a Rover 75 for just over 5 years.

My wife bough a Clio in 2004 and it's still outside the house - so 14 years. I'm not sure what's more amazing; the fact that we've had it 14 years or the fact that an 18 year old French car still (mostly) functions.

Lexus LS400. Purchased it 10/11/2001 at 45000 miles now done 106000, still going strong. So coming up to 17th anniversary.

Subaru Impreza WRX. Had it 8 years and did 130,000 miles in it including several track days.

I bought my Triumph Stag as a 30th birthday present to myself. Kept it six years. It was the right thing to sell it, but just glad I had the chance to own it.

Gentlemen, I think we have a winner!
Oldlae has had his VW camper 42 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom