Look at this stocklist from my village garage forecourt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
http://www.carringtonscars.com/1Stocklist.htm

Starts with an SLR, followed by Lambo Murcielgo, Aston V8 roadster, then onto its bread and butter of 5 year old Seat's Audi's and Hyundais.

This is an old style filing station; small workshop; showroom for 1 car, rest out front. All in my local village. How do they manage that? :crazy:

interesting.... location is becoming less important due to the internet...

I am in a not so affluent part of nuneaton and only show around one third of my stock in the showroom... but it doesnt matter as most of my custom is from the internet, not from local trade...

if you buy from someone with a flashy showroom then you will be paying their rent when you buy a car...

Anyone offering a service or specializes does not need a prime site, and that has always been the case, if you offer a service or product that people want they will come to you.

Bit sad they can't spell "Boxster" though ...

Bit sad they can't spell "Boxster" though ...

Its like the Ebay adds, where no one spells correctly. No offence though to any car salesmen on the forum. I have never found a highly educated kerbside motors outfit boss

and he couldnt be bothered to vac the SLR before he took the pics!

Lovely, just the way to present a £200K car. Mind you, I notice that it states in the advert that it is a "physical car". Perhaps the dirt is their way of showing the viewing public that it's not a cardboard cutout :D.

Cheers,

Plug

Is it me, or is 20,000 not quite a high mileage for a 2-year old SLR?

That or his F-reg Golf? Tough choice!

He wants 5k for the Golf.

Dreamer.

Lovely, just the way to present a £200K car. Mind you, I notice that it states in the advert that it is a "physical car". Perhaps the dirt is their way of showing the viewing public that it's not a cardboard cutout :D.

Cheers,

Plug

Well i have been noticing there has been a lot of dealers now cooperating with each other to sell stock... so if a car is non physical, it just means they dont have it on site.. so they are probably advertising for someone else... they may make less money but they are not having any stock holding costs...

I dont personally like this approach.. if you are selling a car, it should be yours to sell..

Thats nothing. Here's my local:
http://www.romansinternational.com

They stick the "cheap" cars such as the Ferrari F430 and DB9s on the outside forecourt whilst Veyrons, Enzos and SLRs are showcased inside.

That really is a mouthwatering collection of cars. Financing that stock must be horrendous.

Romans sell a lot of cars on commission. They're also grossly overpriced for the most part.

There is absolutely NO excuse for bad spelling - especially if you're dealing with exotica at the highest level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom