Look up to me - I've been promoted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dryce

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Well I like this new class system - well worth any research grants and salaries paid to those who invented it. There is no better way they could have spent their time.

Having loads of better things to do but needing a distraction I took the test.

BBC News - The Great British class calculator: What class are you?

And a big thanks to the BBC for putting licence payers' monies towards publicising it and doing the online calculator. Now that is public service!

But best of all - the new system clearly works:

I am now 'Elite'.

Look up to me you lesser people.

Or just use the old fashioned way of how they talk and how many cars more than off road parking spaces they have, parking in the garden doesn't count :)

Or just use the old fashioned way of how they talk and how many cars more than off road parking spaces they have, parking in the garden doesn't count :)

No way. I don't want to be reassigned back to the middle classes again. It's way too airy and nice up here amongst my new found peers in ..... 'E l i t e'.

My report was;

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities
Went to university
Are comfortably off, secure and established.

They get the first one out of three correct...

Apparently I am young and working class.

So I'm
"Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group."
I object to being called small!

Simply by upping my post tax income by one band, ditto house value, and removing nurse (my sister) and adding Chief Executive I have become elite.

How thoroughly silly.

Well I like this new class system - well worth any research grants and salaries paid to those who invented it. There is no better way they could have spent their time.

Having loads of better things to do but needing a distraction I took the test.

BBC News - The Great British class calculator: What class are you?

And a big thanks to the BBC for putting licence payers' monies towards publicising it and doing the online calculator. Now that is public service!

But best of all - the new system clearly works:

I am now 'Elite'.

Look up to me you lesser people.

I, too, appear to be "Elite". Probably my retired lecturer friends and liking for classical music did it.

It blows you right out of the water, mate, because I'm a walking scarecrow!

Last edited:
highly subjective; there are as any good Marxist should know only the exploiters and the exploited

Well as any member of the elite knows there is no such thing as a 'good' Marxist. And yes it irks us in the elite class being exploited by all these lower classes. Actually it irks more now because there are so many different lower classes to do the expoiting.

I, too, appear to be "Elite". Probably my retired lecturer friends and liking for classical music did it.

I resisted the classical music option but know too many lecturers.

So I think these academics basically put you in the elite group if you tick the university lecturer box.

Kind of guarantees their position at the top of the hierarchy ....

The word 'fix' comes to mind.

I'm Elite too :eek:.

Kin'ell - though I was dragged up propa like.

I know my place.

I think if you work for a living then your working class full stop.
However some people are certainly in a class of their own but I don't see a section for that?

I think if you work for a living then your working class full stop.
However some people are certainly in a class of their own but I don't see a section for that?

correct; then you have the owners; what causes confusion is those who think they are in the middle but in reality are working class as they sell their labour too

Mine came out as traditional working class, funny really as I am retired:D:D

I am, naturally elite. That said, I wouldn't belong to any club that would allow me to become a memeber:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom