Look what Olly's done to my car.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Arrived at PCS at first light this morning for Olly to fit my Bilstein PSS14 Coilovers, and wow what a superb difference it has made. The drop is just right (will post before and after pics tommorow as rained most of today), and the ride is much better than before - not firm but with the 18's feels just right and tracks great. Once Olly had finished with the installation (cheers Olly once again superb and professional craftmanship) it was a 97 mile trip up to Wheels In Motion for a chassis tune, lckily all i needed was 2 camber adjustable bolts as the castors had previously been fitted. The guys at wheels in motion were brilliant and were pleased to state that my C55 was the first MB they had done which achieved exact symmetry which was good news knowing i had a perfect chassis.

Cheers Olly for a job well done, and the long drive home was a pleasure owing to the new setup. I have posted some pics at PCS, and will post few more tommorow.

Bil1.jpg

Bil2.jpg

Bil3.jpg

Bil4.jpg

Bil5.jpg

Bil6.jpg

Bil7.jpg

Bil8.jpg

Bil9.jpg

Bil10.jpg

If it drives as colourful as it looks, you'll be well happy! Nice job!:D

Should look good when we see the pics before and after :)

I will try really hard to post them tommorow, have to wash the car first as it rained most of the 230 mile trip back home.

Very nice indeed.

I have to say though that you've got loads more rust under your car than I have on my ancient W124.

Is this now normal mercedes quality and shouldn't this be treated before it spreads?

I am over the moon with this kit. I can highly recommend it.

The corrosion looks bad in the pics but it really is not.

(the rust is nothing bad at all, just light surface corrosion) 124's are normally much worse.

Nice work again Ollie!
Will bring my car to see you one day!

Here are some before shots.

K22.jpg

K552.jpg

K557.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely pics...nice to see the sun shining.:D Are those new wheels or did you have the spokes sprayed?

The stance looks unchanged, it might be just me though.

Are you sure the ride comfort is better? I would've thought with coilovers (in the front) would make it slightly worse.

nice pics . Nice car and the wheels suit it well!

I can see the change. Looks a lot more 'purposefull'. I also would have thought that the ride would be firmer? Still not taken by those wheels though; understand that you want to be unique, but they just dont 'match' the image of the car? (IMO).....still wouldnt turn it down though!lol

The stance looks unchanged, it might be just me though.

Are you sure the ride comfort is better? I would've thought with coilovers (in the front) would make it slightly worse.

Thanks. The car is defenitely lower but not by much as i carry rear passengers and don't want rears to rub.

The comfort ride is superb, and is noticeable at the front, no firmness or harshness with the ride at all. Olly can confirm the difference in the ride.

I can see the change. Looks a lot more 'purposefull'. I also would have thought that the ride would be firmer? Still not taken by those wheels though; understand that you want to be unique, but they just dont 'match' the image of the car? (IMO).....still wouldnt turn it down though!lol

Thanks. My SL 55 AMG III's wheels are being refurbed at the moment so had the spokes painted on these, which i like, but as you say not to everyone's taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom