Lookers Mercedes dealership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delayed Steve

Car
2016 C200 coupe
Guys, I've just seen on the internet that Lookers have brought Dayton Mercedes and Knights BMW /Mini.
Dayton own the dealership that I use at the moment, I know Lookers had a car super market at Burton that didn't have the best reputation.
I was thinking, do I need to find another dealer? I know Lookers have got MB dealers down south. Has anyone had any dealings with them and was it pleasant?
Thanks Steve

I've bought a number of cars from Lookers, mostly Redhill (which became Gatwick) and they've been quite above board.

I've had no problems with them here in Brighton, tho the chap that looked after me has moved to the Jaguar/Range Rover (Harwoods) Stealership up the road so not sure what sort of service I'll get now...

Thanks guys, maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily, it's just that I worked in Burton a few years ago and heard the horror stories. Lookers brought a successful car sales plot, destroyed it's reputation and then sold it to Arnold Clark.
I'll just have to see,there are two other dealership's near to me but Drayton is the closest.
Thanks again Steve

I have had 3 cars from Lookers Gatwick. Admittedly not bought one for many years but still use them for servicing. Seem ok. Willing to negotiate on price as long as you avoid their call centre booking system. They seem OK even with the 124.

Sorry, I'm going to sound like an idiot here. - Is "Drayton Mercedes" the same company as "Mercedes of Stoke"?

I haven't had any cause to visit them yet, but I found their location by accident after leaving Festival Park.

PobodY said:
Sorry, I'm going to sound like an idiot here. - Is "Drayton Mercedes" the same company as "Mercedes of Stoke"? I haven't had any cause to visit them yet, but I found their location by accident after leaving Festival Park.

Yes Stoke is part of the Drayton group as far as I'm aware.

I've recently had dealings with a few main dealers of various brands - MB Gatwick being one and they were really helpful and the atmosphere was nice in there.

Yes Stoke is part of the Drayton group as far as I'm aware.
Thanks. - I just wanted to check in case it was another local dealership like Market Drayton Mercedes.

Cobridge is definitely the closest to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom