Lookers Mercedes Directors Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker218, Aug 4, 2017.

1. beaker218

beaker218 Member

Car:
    W213 AMG Line
    I have just received an email from Lookers advising me that they are holding a Directors Event next week where

'Literally, just once a year we are able to offer some staggering discounts. So exceptional are these savings that at this stage we cannot put these in writing - but we promise you that you will not be disappointed.'

Now normally I would dismiss something like this as being just an advertising gimmick. However, I am looking to buy a year old E Class so I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience of these events as I'm sure I have seen them advertised before

2. oldguy57

oldguy57 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    sl350/ Tri Chevies / Vauxhalls
    Also known as VIP Events at local MB dealer.They do seem to attract a fair number of customers and used cars get "discounted" and sold. Whether you could achieve the same discount with normal negotiation I don't know. "Staggering" - I suspect not, but always worth a look see, just in case. You never know.

3. S205-FTW

S205-FTW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 Estate Sport Prem+
    Brokers like Carwow and DTD offer these savings all year round.

4. GeeJayW

GeeJayW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 C250d AMG Line Premium Plus Estate (S205), MX-5 25th Anniversary Edition
    Do your research beforehand regarding pricing for the car and spec you're interested in and go along fully prepared. Nothing to lose, might get a proper bargain.