Looking at 2012 s212 e220 Executive se trip auto with 141k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark206000

Car
05 C Class Coupe C200k
Hi,

Seen a 2012 s212 e220 Executive se trip auto with 141k miles. On sale privately for £5500.

I'm temped but can't help thinking that i'm maybe looking at buying myself expensive trouble. Says it has service history inc recent gearbox oil. But highish mileage (chain issues?) and reading of air suspension issues on here has me wondering ?!

141k is nothing to be honest.

Just check the usual things you would on a used car.

Yes they can have chain issues, but this can happen at 70k too, and lots of cars have done 300k+ on the original chain... worst case if it needs doing it’s a £700 job tops.

Enjoy 👍

thanks for the replies, I'll do a bit more reading before going to have a look !

+1 for 141k being nothing... especially for a modern car like that.

As long as the car has demonstrable history as claimed, is in a condition inline with the current age and mileage, and is running well and everything works, it should be fine.

The price you pay should be at a percentage less than the average market value to compensate.

Obviously everything has done that mileage in the car so you may start having to replace parts related to suspension and steering but that's to be expected as you are saving on the purchase price.

You have this situation on most cars in the second half of there first decade of age anyway.

But there's nothing to suggest any large bills are looming just because of that mileage.

If anything, a younger but higher mileage car will more than likely be sat for longer periods with all the fluids up to temperature sat at more constant speeds meaning less wear.

I once bought an 8 year old 325i BMW on 124,000 and sold it a year later on 14x,000.

All it needed nothing but the gearbox bolts tightening a little as it was leaking slightly so I would judge this prospective car on its own merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom